Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,228   Online: 982

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the Sydney Camera Fair have a webpage somewhere that I have missed?

Are many APUG'ers going this Sunday?

Finally, anyone have any experience in selling items there? I have a LTM collapsible Summicron in the 125XXXX range that I am thinking of selling, wondering if it is worth taking along.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does the Sydney Camera Fair have a webpage somewhere that I have missed?
    I don't think they have a website. Most people find out about it through reading Photographic Trader and/or APUG

Are many APUG'ers going this Sunday?
    I'm not sure if I'm going, I'll decide on the day.

Finally, anyone have any experience in selling items there? I have a LTM collapsible Summicron in the 125XXXX range that I am thinking of selling, wondering if it is worth taking along.
    I'm pretty sure that to sell stuff you have to rent a table. Probably not worth it for a lens. You could set up a pirate table outside on the street, that could be fun. Generally I think the sellers are dealers and collectors trying to offload some stuff. For one lens you might be better off trying to list it on APUG, ebay or in the Trader. Or perhaps take it with you on the day & mention to the tables selling Leica gear that you have it. They might do a deal or fix you up with someone. In that case make sure you know in advance what it's worth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gonna try and be there: need to find a new battery holder for the sb-15.
    Or a new sb-15...
    Last edited by nsouto; 10-17-2008 at 09:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the info Goldie, much appreciated!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, who went and what did you folks score?

Got the battery holder for the sb-15: speaker bloke had a non-working sb-10 for sale, they have the same holder. Talked him down to $15, then took holder off and offered flash back to the guy saying: "that's all I needed, you can resell the rest, it's yours". He picked up the fiver and gave it back to me on the spot. Got the holder for 10 bucks!

Also got a few 43mm filters I needed for b&w with the Voigtlander lenses, a buck each.
    And one of those steel reels with the spring clip for kinderman tanks, 5 bucks.

Ah, and one of the Collins books: "film".

Good variety on offer but a lot of rubbish as well. Pays to do a tour first to see what's available, and prices start going down after 12:30.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    You did quite nicely. It seemed busier than the fair at the start of the year. There was some nice stuff, but i've been trying to cut back on my camera spending lately. I set myself a $30 limit and got quite a few things for $25 ($5 under budget, haha). A couple of 39mm german filters, a really nice black Yashica MG-1, an immacualte little Olympus Pen EF that i've never actually seen before but look like a bit of fun, a couple new camera straps, and some expired but still sealed up 669 Polaroid film. It was a pretty fun morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin