Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,657   Online: 933

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info and warm welcomes everyone. There is a Camera House in Ballarat and they can order in whatever they don't have in stock. I bought a pile of Kodak T-Max 100 film for $1 a roll because it had just gone out of date. Going to experiment with that first. I might pop up to Camera house some time this week and see if I can get myself a tank (I just can't wait for eBay. Too slow).

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, Skegger, just go to the Camera House place, but please be careful as their chems may be on the old side. I know Ballarat and that particular place quite well. I live up the road in Melbourne. Don't worry too much yet about what to use - you have a lot of experimenting ahead of you, but basically nothing will be too far wrong. And by the way, welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    35mm
    It's nothing for me to hop on the train to Melbourne to grab chemistry though. I'm just impatient

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings from Richmond Va.

Jeff

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!-as far as chems, materials etc go, just keep it simple at first. ID11 is as good a starting point as any [as a Brit living just down the road from Ilford I'm bound to recommend them......]. And then just have fun!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome from another guy in Geelong. You'll get lots of info here.
    Cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome thanks guys. I'm also interested in shooting slides. Is it worth developing rolls yourself these days or is it cheaper to do them yourself? I wouldn't mind having a go. How else am I going to learn.
    Contax 159MM - Zeiss 50mm 1.7

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome... from Victoria... Melbourne area

Hope you've got some heating in that laundry! Coldest place in Victoria is Ballarat... probably snowing tonight!

Cheers, Nige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another Melbournian.

If you are going to hop onto a train and come down, then Vanbar in Carlton would be your best bet for any darkroom stuff, be that film or paper, you can check online as to what they carry, whether they have the particular item(s) or size is another matter, but generally speaking, they literally carry pallet loads of paper.

That is a very cheap price for that film, cheaper than bulk loading.

I think I have a spare Paterson tank, with either a single or a few reels. I'll check the darkroom in the morning, too cold to venture out this late.

An outside laundry in Ballarat, probably with a concrete double trough, perfect for washing prints in, but friggin freezing this time of the year.

If you do go to Vanbar, take a large empty back pack

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 08-14-2008 at 07:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info Mick. I picked up a Patterson tank and 2 reels when I was in the city yesterday. Most shops I ask for developing tanks in just looked at me sideways. Michael's on Elizabeth had them and they were about $25 cheaper than Camera House in Ballarat. Then another 5% off with student discount.
    Contax 159MM - Zeiss 50mm 1.7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin