Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 671

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Lens cleaning in Melbourne

Hi all, I have an enlarger lens that looks as though it has fungus in it. I have tried cleaning it and have only made the lens worse. Does anyone know of a good place to go in Melbourne to have it cleaned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't know, Mike, but I would ask somewhere like the Camera Exchange, as they should know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, you could telephone John Lee at Shutter-box on 03 9809 4711.

http://www.shutterbox.com.au/

If John doesn't answer then his wife Mei will. She repairs the cameras and he (mainly) repairs lens and some of the really way out stuff.

The best part is that you will actually talk to the person who is going to do a repair.

I've known John for well over 30 years, first through motorcycles, now photography, he is a personal friend.

My last repair with him was a clean and re-align my 55 Micro Nikkor, works better than ever.

Mick

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Mick and Kevin,
    I'll give your friend a try Mick. My other option is to buy another lens from ebay and import it.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was going to concur with Shutterbox. I have only been there once and the lovely man John looked over the d----l SLR i bought off ebay(*) to take a look at it as an expert opinion and he kindly didn't charge me. After having my eos 500n at Camera Clinic sitting there for 6 weeks before they'd even look at it (then to discover 3 months wait for a part from Japan), I know which place I will be going to from now on.

*The previous own was a git who claimed his 5d was in brand spanking new condition. Like hell it was. He smudged the mirror inside, it smelt like cigarette smoke and was knocked about a bit. Luckily he gave me a full refund and so i ended up buying it new.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cant help with recommendations as Im in Adelaide, but fungus on a lens generally augers badly for recovery of decent function as the fungus etches the glass. I would seriously start looking for a replacement if the diagnosis is confirmed.

Shooter
    35mm
    I know this is a pretty old post, but you should consider this guy:

Nagami Camera Service
    17 Woodville Road
    Mooroolbark VIC 3138
    (03) 9727 3388
    http://nagamicamera.com.au

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin