Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,814   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

4x5 for sale in Australia?

I'm so tired of Australia being so completely digital now. I'm desperately looking for an ebony SV45U2 or Wisner 4x5 but can't find anything for sale in Australia With our dollar doing so poorly against the US at the mo, does anyone know of where I can get some gear? Cheers in advance,
    Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is one from ebay USA but it is from an Australian location and seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ebony-SW45-4X5-l...1%7C240%3A1318
    Cheers Michael.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's probably very difficult to find anything where you are, even in Brisbane. If you get a chance to come to Melbourne, Camera Exchange are pretty good and I think they usually have some LF stuff.

By the way, welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might also try the Photographic Trader bi-monthly magazine available in newsagents - look for the bright yellow cover. Lots of private advertisements from sellers and those wishing to buy. You can place a wanted to buy advert for free. Plenty of dealers advertise. It's a photographic tech-head delight with heaps of analog gear. I've been reading this magazine for 12 years - I subscribe to get the early bargains before it hits the news stands. Cheers Michael.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would also suggest a subscription to the Photographic Trader, I receive it about 4 days before it hits the newsagents.

Hmmm, $2,600 USD if a bit of moolah since the drop in the Oz dollar.

9 Months old, either it didn't work out or cash required due to the financial situation.

The Trader has had an 8x10 Ebony from Tasmania not that long ago, some very interesting and serious stuff gets a look in that publication.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Trader, and ebay is where I've seen consistently good prices.

These guys from time to time have some gear.

Overseas, KEH always has some good gear: they are not too expensive, although shipping is s-l-o-w.

Good luck!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    I've had an eye on the SW45 Michael but it's bellows extension is very limited...good for 6x9 rollfilm though. I want something with a little more movements and will take a longer lens (it's no good being unhappy and wanting to change the system in 6 months). I already subscribe to the photo trader but have found a steep reduction in large format camera sales (of a high quality). I bought an xpan II from the camera exchange about 18 months ago and have been really happy with their service...but alas, another drop in large format gear. I'll give KEH a go. Thanks again guys, it's great to be a part of the team.

Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nsouto,
    While shipping across the pond may be slow, KEH stands behind their return policy.
    Don't forget MPEX and Badger Graphics either.
    Chris

Shooter
    Large Format
    There's a private sale I've been agonising about here (originally found through PICA classifieds):

http://users.spin.net.au/~hutchphoto/plaubel/index.html

Maybe not quite what you are after but a good buy nonetheless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a look at Vanbar. Some second hand ex-pro/studio LF gear at the North Melbourne (head office) outlet. Heaps of sheet film there, too BTW; can't be certain it's ebody (Linhof?).
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin