Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,840   Online: 1162

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I've seen some stuff for i900 Microtek scanners here.
    Got all my AN glass for the Coolscan holders from that site and the guy does a lot of work with amateur folks looking at improving their scanners.
    It might be worth your while to explain the problem to him and maybe he'll have a glass insert you can slap in the MF holder to make it hold offcut 6x4.5 sizes?
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mal

We have this scanner at work, all we do is lay our strips of film in the holder, it does not matter what film format you use for medium format as the width of each format is 6 cm. When the machine scans it will preview your strip of film, just select the area you want scanned.

For 35 mm tranny in strips scan and invert in PhotoShop.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    have a look at betterscanning.com. Doug Fisher'll give you good advice if he doesn't have the appropriate filmholder. (not associated with the company and all that guff)

wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Mal,

We are certainly glad you are here, and you are very welcome to discuss all aspects of film and traditional printing, however scanning is off topic for APUG.

Please take scanning conversations to HybridPhoto.com

I'm not going to mangle this welcome thread with a bunch of deletions, but I will delete further scanner discussion or lock it down. I'd hate to do that. And thats the news for tonight...

J

Mal
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Cheers, Jason...

No problems... I wasn't aware that that forum existed until I posted this - now that I do I'll go there for scanning...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks dude.

If you weren't already aware, there is a forum to post an introduction to the whole community, if you care to do so.

Glad to have you on board, and again, welcome.

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Mal. Welcome from Thunder Bay.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mal
    Have a look at the website below re setting up flatbed scanners for wet scanning. I only came across it the other day and they mention Microtek scanners. Looks interesting. I have read some good reports (for what they may be worth) and these guys will apparently ship worldwide:
    http://www.scanscience.com/

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also meant to say welcome! I am not very near Melbourne unfortunately, but good to see a few fellow countrymen on this site!
    Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Mal, I can't help with your question, but welcome to APUG. I live just down the road from you, in Geelong. If you want to get prints done from your E6, then you should try Bond Imaging in Richmond (just near the Richmond railway stattion). They will work from your scans or they can scan for you, but their scans aren't cheap.
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin