Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mal
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

New to the APUG world...

Hi all,

I have been lurking for quite some time and have finally registered and would like to find some like minded people near Richmond in Melbourne.

I currently have a Voigtlander R3M 35mm a Mamiya 645 Pro TL each with a couple of lenses.

I have worked out how to develop B&W film and where to develop E6 film near home.

I don't have a darkroom but I do have a good scanner that can take up to 5x4 negs/trannies. What I don't have is a dedicated holder for 645 film. The nearest option is the 6x6/6x7 holder.

So my very first question for you all is - how do I hold the 645 film properly in a 6x6/6x7 holder? The scanner is a Microtek ScanWizard Pro i900...

Cheers and best wishes for the season. Mal...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't have that answer, but wanted to say welcome to APUG!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome first, i do not have an answer to the 67-66, but i use a Epson V 500 flat be scanner for all my 645, and can not complain, so may be shell out a bit of money.
    Though some one else may have a better clue.

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Mal.
    Try posting this question in the sister site, http://www.hybridphoto.com/ , there are a lot of folks there that use flatbeds and maybe someone will know the answer?

Failing that, some of the specialty holders for the Epsons might work on the Microtek? I know some microtek scanners use a "below the glass" technique for scannning photos, is that the case with yours?
    If so, you may have to home-modify the medium format holder to make it take 645...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mal

basically the neg holder for medium format has a large slot in it that is nominally 6 cm x 12 cm (I'm doing this from memory and have n't got the scanner in front of me). Just place your strip of film in that and preview, the software will then sort out the rest in the preview.
    Last edited by Paul.A; 12-26-2008 at 10:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correct spelling and grammar

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard Mal from London.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome from Utah.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Mal, from Lower Slower Delaware, USA.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Mal
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks all for the welcome.

Paul A. The film holder is for 6x9 and I will probably need to make up a holder that fits that. The problem then becomes cutting the films strip to suit (and fit).

nsouto. This scanner does have a "below the glass" film scanner where the individual plates holding negs/slides fits... Another problem I have found is that unless you are using the 35mm slide holder the scanner won't scan positives. This is fine for B&W but how to scan E6 like Velvia???

More research required and I will have a look at the other forum mentions.

Thanks, Mal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin