Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,985   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Belated Welcome from Elimbah (just north of Brisbane).

I haven't been on APUG for a while but getting back into it now. Seems most of the Australian APUG action is centred on Melbourne. Might be time to fire up the old "Aussie APUGGERS roll call thread!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Glenn - Elimbah is in a nice part of the world. I am pretty much in the centre of Brisbane.
    You're right - Melbourne seems to have the lion's share of APUG Australians (and of the decent photo shops too.)
    It would be good if there was some way to search all the APUG profiles for all people from a certain location...
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ian, I must have missed your first post in my January slumber. Welcome and yes, those arty Melbourne types seem to be better organised than the apparently more cautious Sydney-siders. So why is bleak city hosting a rugby league state of origin again?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    So why is bleak city hosting a rugby league state of origin again?
    Dunno. Maybe the Victorians are getting sick of AFL and are looking for a long term replacement in their sport diet...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iandavid View Post
    Thanks Tony

Dunno. Maybe the Victorians are getting sick of AFL and are looking for a long term replacement in their sport diet...?
    Because they will get more than 5000 to the game...even if we don't understand it.

Welcome Ian.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "So why is bleak city hosting a rugby league state of origin again?"

Because we can.

"Dunno. Maybe the Victorians are getting sick of AFL and are looking for a long term replacement in their sport diet...?"

You can't be serious. It's part of the obligation of being the sporting capital of the world. (that should get 'em going )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never been to anything at the Telstra dome... How does it compare to the MCG?
    A small ground can have a terrific atmosphere. Back in the good old days, before we had Suncorp Stadium up here, Lang Park (aka The Cauldron) was a great ground to watch a game of footy. Very intimate...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Telstra Dome is Etihad Stadium now (ah, the power of money, and names!). No, I don't know what an Etihad is...

I think the 'G' is better for anything except a BBQ. But I think wandering around with APUG Vic. photographers is an even better way to spend a Saturday! :o
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 06-03-2009 at 03:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin