Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,036   Online: 1053

Shooter
    35mm

YashicaMat 124 battery in Sydney?

Hi everyone, I recently moved to Sydney. I have a YashicaMat 124 that uses 625px battery. Does anyone know where I can find an alternative battery in Sydney?
    Thanks in advance,
    Hesam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wein brand should be sold there. If not mail order should be a piece of cake. Alkaline 625's voltage is a little high and will throw off the meter. You could reset the ISO on the camera to compensate as well. Use the sunny 16 rule to get close.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Jeff, I'll sure try that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only batteries on the market hat are the same voltage are zinc-air batteries or wein cells (1.35V)... Biggest problem is that these have a working life of a couple of months max...

The 625px replacement is the MRB625

You might be able to get the meter re-calibrated for the 1.5V batteries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have just had a Yashica Mat 124G serviced by Camera Check Point at Dubbo and they have installed a Varta 625 U alkaline 1.5V replacement battery.
    They noted on the service docs that the meter calibration was checked as OK with 1.5V battery. Tests against a Canon T90 and a Gossen meter seem to bear this out,(there is about a one third stop spread of the meter reading between them all).

There was no mention on the service docs of any circuitry mods to cater for the 1.5V battery so it would appear that my model is happy with the modern batteries. You may like to try this battery and compare meter readings for yourself.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin