Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,138   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Leitz V35 Focomat 25x37mm fullframe neg carrier?????

Hi!

I am looking, anywhere in the world, for the 25x37mm full-frame negative carrier for the Leitz V35 Focomat enlarger.

Leica part #17012

This is not the standard supplied negative carrier that comes with the
    enlarger, rather it is the one that is slightly bigger than the 35mm
    neg frame (allowing for printing of the natural black border around
    the image).

Does anyone have any idea where I could obtain one? OR, does anyone have any advice on making some modification to the standard neg carrier to make it full-frame??

Many thanks, Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you tried Leica? They do have repair parts and may have the oversized carriers. I have seen them on the large auction site a few times.

Shooter
    35mm
    Which auction site did you see them on Mark? I really need to know.

I have asked around a bit, by the way..... Leica Australia say this part can no longer be obtained, and the Leica Shop in Vienna Austria reckons no go either - usually if anyone knows he does. I mean I'm not stupid, of course they no longer make it, but there MUST be some SOMEWHERE!!!!! I really want one, before I go do something stupid like filing the normal carrier out!

Shooter
    35mm

email from Leica

Dear Paul,

we have the negative carrier no more in stock. We dit'nt no wich Leica Dealer has the negative carrier in stock. The only chance is, you look at the internet.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i.A. Lothar Luehring
    Ersatzteil-/ Spare parts Service
    Customer Service
    Solmser Gewerbepark 8
    35606 Solms
    tel. : +496442208-606
    Fax: +496442208-90606
    E-Mail: lothar.luehring@leica-camera.com
    Alles was eine gute Kamera braucht / Everything a good camera needs:
    www.m.leica-camera.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Mark, which auction site???

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    Have you tried Leica? They do have repair parts and may have the oversized carriers. I have seen them on the large auction site a few times.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Paul,

I saw lots of these things in the past few weeks so I just did a quick search of the big auction site here in Germany (I'm assuming that Mark is talking about Eb**y. Of course, they have been snapped up. I do have the current replacement part price list from Leica that lists at 24x26mm negative holder, while it isn't the exact size you are looking for but maybe it is close enough, and when not then try to write the contact number and ask. If you are interested please let me know, I have it saved as a pdf. and would need to e-mail it to you. I don't have a link for it sorry. Might work. Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've seen them on ebay once or twice, but I don't look regularly. I bought one there. I suggested Leica simply because I thought they might have some new-old-stock. The last suggestion (a long shot) is to try Kienzle. If you look at their web site, they make bits for the older Leitz enlargers and may be able to help you. Lastly, if you can find a regular one, it would be pretty easy for a local machine shop (or do it yourself with a file) to mill the opening oversize.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leitz was probably one of the few to ever offer a full frame carrier. With other enlargers one either uses the glass carrier or just files out a spare glassless carrier. Also, some like the look of the filed out carrier when included in the print.

I only use my filed-out ones when actually printing whole-frame or showing the filed edges. Otherwise ,the non-filed one holds the negative flatter. The glass one holds it very flat, and allows full frame printing, but I actually like to show the filed out border. More so since the advent of D*****, because the negative carrier edge is an exclusive byproduct of the analog enlarging process.

Shooter
    35mm RF

If it possible to file my V35 carrier?

I can't find a 25x37 carrier and I'm considering filing mine. Has anyone tried this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It can be done. but if you don't have experience filing out sheet metal and want smooth edges to the mask, I'd recommend you have someone mill it to size and hand finish the corners. I've made a few neg carriers, but having a small milling machine in my workshop makes it a whole lot easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin