Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can supply silver nitrate for alternative photographic purposes as required. I use it myself in vandyke brown printing and constantly supply it to friends for their alternative processes.
    Just drop me an email.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A friend of mine who has just done a Salt printing workshop at Gold Street Studios told me yesterday that Ellie ( who runs it) can get silver nitrate and will sell it to you.
    Hope this helps
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blokeman View Post
    I have had communication with a chemical company located IN Adelaide... a couple of years ago, if you google 'chemsupply' they have an online catalogue. Might be quite simple for you if you live there... if you do make contact & pay them a visit, please let me know the address as I'm often in S.A. Maybe you look them up in the phone book & speak directly, I find that the best way with my chem companies contact in the past. They have Silver Nitrate listed... and if they have more than one 'grade' listed, I think the simple 'lab-grade' will do. If they have a minimum quantity only then I may be interested in going shares with you. Chemical companies used to be quite forthcoming back in the early 90's but it seems they've gotten less friendly these days (and suspicious!!) Thats why I think direct contact is good, telling them you're an artist etc etc and you may luck on a sympathetic person!
    From the Adelaide Yellow Pages:

Chem-Supply Pty Ltd, 38-50 Bedford St, Gillman SA, 5013.
    Phone: (08) 8440 2000.
    sales@chemsupply.com.au
    www.chemsupply.com.au

Also:

Consolidated Chemicals Co
    14 George St, Green Fields SA, 5107.
    Phone: (08) 8285 6822

adelaide@conchem.com.au

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Trevor Foon at Foon Photographic in Wonthaggi, Victoria, has silver nitrate. I'm half guessing that 'Noofy' might have something to do with him. He is cheap and quick. Recommended.

J.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin