Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,275   Online: 936

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Waste of $5 from my point of view. Very little Rokkor glass, almost zero minolta af glass, let alone drooly stuff that i couldn't afford. But then i got there fairly late.......

wayne

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I got there a bit before 10, and was surprised how empty the hall was compared to previous years!! I didn't actually get anything (such restraint), but had fun poking around at stuff (slightly besotted with the Razzle 4x5 cameras), and just being a general know-it-all in a friendly environment - looks like the next one's in Ballarat with the Photo Biennale - I wonder how that will go...

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was my first visit and it was good to see such a crowd. I got there about 9.00am. Good to see a few young ones buying film cameras. I picked up an Olympus Trip for my son - want to get him started on the right track! Not much MF stuff around. I will probably go to the next one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, Mick, a baby cino doesn't contain caffeine - it's just warm milk with froth on top and a sprinkling of chocolate powder, and for some reason a marshmallow. But anyway, three-year-olds don't usually have daytime sleeps anyway. I nearly gave you a call to check if you spotted any bargains.

Paul, were you wearing a dark blue shirt and a big backpack? I think I saw you.

It's funny how those of us who have hardly been to these thought there were a lot there, and the regulars thought it was quieter than usual.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yep, that was me with the backpack. I usually end up buying a lot of little things like filters or lenscaps and something bulky so the backpack makes life a lot easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thought so. I should have said hello, but it looked like you were on a mission. I could see that the regulars all had their different systems for carrying their loot. I reckon they should charge a bit more for entry, but give you one of those fabric bags you get in the supermarkets to carry your loot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't see Dame Edna, which was a disappointment.
    Among my wanders I espied a suitably antique Ziess Ikon which took my fancy though in less than working condition.
    My only purchase for the day was a 72mm UV(0) filter which I'll put to good use as a faux-fog filter later on a goth shoot in a graveyard.
    Mick, I get the impression many professionals are leaving MF and LF and going to d*****. For me, I have to travel to VanBar in Carlton to fetch 5x4 Velvia as it's not available in Geelong, which is an inconvenience but a necessary one for the devotion to LF! The ranks must be shrinking as only 2 others in Geelong are using 5x4...

And why aren't there more people enjoying a mocha rather than a babycino??
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Hey, Mick, a baby cino doesn't contain caffeine - it's just warm milk with froth on top and a sprinkling of chocolate powder, and for some reason a marshmallow. But anyway, three-year-olds don't usually have daytime sleeps anyway. I nearly gave you a call to check if you spotted any bargains.
    The more marshmallows on the side, the better!
    Freeze 'em first, then dip them in hot chocolate (i.e. the choc at the base prior to pouring a mocha). Mmmmmm!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin, trust me when I say carrying a 4x5 monorail with a 400mm long rail in a cheap bag, doesn't work too well.

Poisson, I agree with your summation of the commercial scenario, at least it appears that way.

Regarding two 4x5 photographers in Geelong, well I know another two, so that makes four. They are both the shy and retiring types, literally, so unless you stumble across them when they are in action, you will not know they are around.

Speaking of coffee, I bought a new coffee machine last year, Italian design and Italian built, has a genuine boiler, not a thermablock, makes really smoooooth coffee, and I mean smooth!

Vanbar Carlton, were having a sell off of their filters recently, I picked up some 72mm and 52mm filters for a song. I now have soft spot and diffusion to add to my armoury. I was thinking along the lines of using my diffusion filter at a local cemetery as well, although I'll await a suitable low light winter day for casting of suitably long shadows.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Kevin, on my first round of the stalls I usually am quite focussed but after that it is more like boredom with the faint hope that I would find something I overlooked the last time. Once that first round is out of the way I'm happy to stop for a chat or a cuppa. I usually come along with my GF who heads over to Camberwell Market and fossicks for knitting stuff and ceramics. She's usually not finished until 11:30 so I have plenty of time to kill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin