Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,242   Online: 821

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    nothing provided for us mf and 35mm shooters?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne naughton View Post
    nothing provided for us mf and 35mm shooters?
    My idea was just for a general APUG get-together. I think Mick is suggesting something more specific about the LF stuff. I'm just an MFer myself, but am interested in looking at LF stuff.

Anyway, it looks like there is a fair bit of interest, so we'll try to settle on a time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If I'm around I'm keen for a general APUG meeting for sure ...

ha ha, but I made the faux pas in assuming there would be a few LF shooters incl.

I lurk mostly in the LF/camera build/alt proc. sections of the forums you see and had the blinkers on for smaller formats - isn't 35mm film dead anyway ??
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am interested in a general get together of any format, basically if you shoot film of any description, be there.

The LF thing was a different meeting, really leaning more towards an information exchange between those that have LF equipment and those who don't, but were or are thinking about doing it.

As for 35mm being dead, not by the proverbial long shot. My reading of the market place is 135 format rules supreme, followed a fair way back by 120 format, then way, way back is LF 4x5" and near the bottom of the pit is 8x10".

The rest of the cut sheet film formats, are sitting on the bottom.

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd like to be in this Mick, especially the LF get together. I've got a couple of friends who are using 4x5 here in geelong and one who wants to get into LF, so this would be perfect. Please let me know when.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, Kevin's organising this, I'll do some thinking over Easter and maybe pm a couple of people then maybe have a go at organising something for a LF look and see meeting.

If people wish to have a LF shoot, that is a matter which should be addressed in another thread, something else to think about over Easter for the LF users out there.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As a self taught and very amateur LF photographer (as well as new to APUG) I would be keen if this is still on the cards for some time soon. Have built my own 4x5 to a point where I have been able to take 2 shots with it, but needs a bit more finessing to make focussing easier and permenant.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Andy C, and yes, we will organise something fairly soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting place you live in. I am currently looking at getting the use of a part hall in Manningtree road, I once attended Glenferrie state school, so I know the hall well. Shouldn't be too far from your location.

I'm also looking at a small venue in the southern suburbs as a back-up.

Hopefully one or the other should come to fruition.

If neither venue gets going, an outside open to the public place will suffice.

You are most welcome, as are all.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mick, I am currently a secretary of a sporting club on the Yarra, and we have a nice hall/shed that could possibly be used. Only thing is during W/E daytime the general membership is usually present. Evenings are usually better.

Just thought I would mention this for you to keep in the back of your mind in case one day it comes in handy.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin