Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,645   Online: 954

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have firmed completely to Saturday. Sunday I reserve for bushwalking in the Great Otway National Park. I was going to keep this quiet until, but... Well, I go walking a group surveying and flagging routes to remote waterfalls (these are truly, to die for, in terms of photography). Some of these routes are well known to me. Later, I am planning on running photography workshops to a small number of these 'falls to introduce people to the beauty of rainforest, streams, creeks, glens and glooms. People would need to understand (and be correctly prepared for) the delightful "inclusions" called leeches :o, the Great Otway Black Snail, the shocker called sword sedge and where to look for a giant freshwater crayfish - not for eating, just show n' tell!! Is that enough info to play with??

I say, after meeting, where do we go? Isn't there some place to have a cuppa i.e. over in Fed Sq.? And how do we identify ourselves amidst a million others??

Good one Mick about the Connex heavies in their vests; they've copped a very bad rap in the papers this week.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds interesting, Fish. Is sword sedge some kind of grass which cuts like fury?

Okay, let's make it the Saturday then. That seems to be the popular option.

Meet at say around 11am at Fed Square on the steps? Okay with everybody?

Fish, we recognise each other usually by the camera bags and tripods. I recognised Mick when I first saw him at Flinders Street Station, and that was before he had an avatar containing his likeness.

Please all reply to this so we know who to expect.

And, Nige, we are expecting you and your two Nikonians.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Sounds interesting, Fish. Is sword sedge some kind of grass which cuts like fury?
    You bet it does. Quote common; often found growing amidst clumps of lower storey rainforest species. NEVER grab hold of it as a 'handhold'!!

Okay, let's make it the Saturday then. That seems to be the popular option.

Meet at say around 11am at Fed Square on the steps? Okay with everybody?

Done and dusted.

Fish, we recognise each other usually by the camera bags and tripods. I recognised Mick when I first saw him at Flinders Street Station, and that was before he had an avatar containing his likeness.
    I am actually Gary. The moniker Poisson du Jour is a term often used in reference to the survey group leader in my group (not just me).

"Likeness"?
    We'll, I've never met, much less saw, Mick or Kevin or anybody else here, so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Me, I have a goatie beared. I will be on my mountain bike (beats taking a car in to Sin City!); will 'probably' have a fluoro green spray jacket on with black Camelbak on back (containing a digi camera...!!! :o). Is it a morning tea/chit-chat thingy or are you planning a formal lunch somewhere??

Please all reply to this so we know who to expect.

And, Nige, we are expecting you and your two Nikonians.

Maybe one of the organisers could prepare a fluoro A4 card with, for example, "APUG MEET"
    on it displayed somewhere? I'm sure that would be a good help if there's lots of people about?

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Maybe one of the organisers could prepare a fluoro A4 card with, for example, "APUG MEET"[/B] on it displayed somewhere? I'm sure that would be a good help if there's lots of people about?

Good idea, Gary, but which one of us wants to look like a dickhead?

I'm sure we'll all find each other. The camera bags and tripods really are a dead giveaway.

Three or four or five of us know each other anyway, and we'll find you from your description.

It's usually pretty informal. Maybe we'll grab a coffee and a chat first, and then wander somewhere to take some snaps, and then maybe grab something for lunch and/or a beer or wine or another coffee or whatever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm wondering if I would be better served taking the car so I could bring Brutus and Steadyfriend too?
    Where is a free, "most of the day" parking area in the vicinity of Fed Square? I think that area along the gardens in St Kilda Road, just up from Princess Bridge, is all day parking. Is it metered? My last trip in with the car in Ferrars Street. Too far to walk!

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm wondering if I would be better served taking the car so I could bring Brutus and Steadyfriend too?
    Where is a free, "most of the day" parking area in the vicinity of Fed Square? I think that area along the gardens in St Kilda Road, just up from Princess Bridge, is all day parking. Is it metered? My last trip in with the car in Ferrars Street. Too far to walk!
    I think you'd be struggling to find free most-of-the-day parking anywhere near Fed Square these days. When was the last time you came to the big smoke? Most of the parking metering anywhere near the CBD runs for most of Saturday now. Maybe you can find something (1 or 2 hour parking) that stops at 12 though, maybe around the Arts Centre or just north of the CBD.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Kevin,
    I'm going to cancel tennis for the 23rd (I normally play competition), coz I wouldn't miss this. I'll see you and the others at Fed Square at 11.00
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    I think you'd be struggling to find free most-of-the-day parking anywhere near Fed Square these days. When was the last time you came to the big smoke? Most of the parking metering anywhere near the CBD runs for most of Saturday now. Maybe you can find something (1 or 2 hour parking) that stops at 12 though, maybe around the Arts Centre or just north of the CBD.

I'll do my darndest to organise something one way or another. I'm going to IKEA Richmond tomorrow on Daisy to collect some small, "bikeable" trinkets and will have a look up St Kilda Road near the Arts Centre for something big enough for my WagonWheels. Last visit to Melb (IKEA) in the car in very bad weather 2 wks ago I took a wrong turn and found myself on an unwanted inspection of CityLink — in the complete opposite direction to Geelong!! When I quickly apologised by email that night, CL let me off with a "Complimentary 24hr Pass"... It was somehwere near Chadstone before I was able to extricate myself and another 2 hours to find WestGate!!!

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Saturday at 1100hrs it is then.

Dependent upon which vehicle I'll travel in or on, to the city, I'll be parking somewhere along St Kilda Rd, usually near the Shrine, or further out, is where you can sometimes get a car space.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have firmed completely to Saturday. Sunday I reserve for bushwalking in the Great Otway National Park. I was going to keep this quiet until, but... Well, I go walking a group surveying and flagging routes to remote waterfalls
    SNIP
    Love to go on one of these if you do it often....

But Im out for this upcoming meet. Next time. Enjoy

Shane

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin