Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,676   Online: 784

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Gary,
    I was just talking to one of the students here at the Gordon. She's from Forrest and she said that the weekend of the 20th June accommodation is going to be scarce due to the Forrest Fire Festival which is on that weekend. She said that you would need to book accommodation around now. Also me and at least one maybe two others would like to be included for the excursion. If you can't fit us in please let me know.
    Thanks
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Forrest Caravan Park

Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Hi Gary,
    I was just talking to one of the students here at the Gordon. She's from Forrest and she said that the weekend of the 20th June accommodation is going to be scarce due to the Forrest Fire Festival which is on that weekend. She said that you would need to book accommodation around now. Also me and at least one maybe two others would like to be included for the excursion. If you can't fit us in please let me know.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Thanks Mike,
    You're in along with 8 others on the list before me, meaning the total is 12, which would be the full limit. There is no room at A.B. Falls for more than that without people falling into the river or not being able to put up their tripod.

A "Forrest Fire Festival"!? A fire in Forrest!? Goodness, I'd think that's the last thing the good folk of Forrest want to celebrate. I think we're going to have to put a foot in the door, so to speak and I'll get on to the caravan park, even though I have no idea on how many we'll have and the corresponding tent sites we'll need. Darn...

We could always swap the 20-21st with 13-14th, but it all hinges on getting some decent rainfall.

I recommend all interested parties keep both weekends free; the Forrest C.P. only has 60 unpowered sites and 5 powered sites and this is likely to be snapped up quickly if a crowd is expected at the Festival(though I've heard of people illicitly making camp in the wide clearing near the bridge leading onto Kaanglang Road.)

Enquiry lodged with Forrest C.P. this arvo (19/5). Awaiting response.
    Watch this space (the thread, I mean!
    .:: Garyh ::.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-19-2009 at 12:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction, refinement
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could camp at Lake Elizabeth if need anyway. Although makes going to the the pub hard....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Could camp at Lake Elizabeth if need anyway. Although makes going to the the pub hard....
    Lake Liz is usually closed from the first week in June, though I'm open (albeit remotely) to the suggestion. The Forrest pub will be a glorious source of warmth and dry — something we'll need, for sure!

************************************************** ***************************
    LATE ENTRY: 5.25PM
    I have reserved 8 sites for 19th and 20th June at Forrest Caravan Park.
    The tariff is $10 per head per night. I have to get back to Bruce with final confirmed numbers

************************************************** ***************************
    This notice repeated in dedicated thread >> http://www.apug.org/forums/forum49/6...workshops.html
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-19-2009 at 02:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi All, Been a bit quiet lately.

Like the idea of a get together but could not do this weekend at Fed square, and not really able to get time off from the family to participate in this camping weekend of the 19th/20th. There was early in the piece some talk of meeting in a club room some place but htat fell by the wayside for a short time. I am still interested in this sort of get together being new to the APUG forum and to LF, and I can arrange access to a rowing club shed on the Yarra in Hawthorn.

Is the interrest still there for this sort of thing?
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, yes there is an interest in a gathering for a look and see for the people interested in getting into or just seeing what LF is all about.

In three weeks time, that is June the 13th - 14th, would be about right. It is after the long weekend, before the camping weekend. If it was held later, the financial end of year happens at the end of June and that will make it difficult for quite a few, then we are into July.

June if possible would be great.

Set a date, then start a new thread about it.

Mick.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin