Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,389   Online: 674

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Melbourne APUG Get-Together Soonish

If I had been a bit more organised I would have tried to organise an APUG get-together to coincide with the Camberwell Photography Market. But I wasn't. However, since it has been a while, who is interested in catching up some time soon, say in the next week or two??? There may even be a couple of interstaters who can or will be in Melbourne soon anyway, so it could maybe be a bit later than that. So, who would like to catch up soon, when and where? I think around the CBD usually works better, but all suggestions will be considered.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm moving to Melbourne in May - keen to meet fellow LF photographers - hold out !
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    will endevour to make it. Will need to check with the Mrs as to what on...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be interested, Easter is next weekend, perhaps as ANZAC day falls on a Saturday we could meet then, and catch a game of swy on the side?

Whatever.

Nick, regarding LF people, perhaps a get together of LF photographers could be a worthy thing for a separate meeting. Generally speaking LF requires a minimal amount of walking around, not always though. Plus you usually require tripods, which without a valid permit, are illegal in Melbourne.

Failing that you need to have tripod insurance if you don't have the permit, I kid you not!

For some time I have thought that there are more than a few LF photographers in Melbourne, but newcomers have virtually nowhere to go shop wise to figure out what exactly LF is.

I thought we could have a ½ day meeting somewhere, where people with LF cameras and other equipment would front up. Whilst people who are thinking of LF one way or the other, could rock up and ask all the questions they can think of. Or something like that.

Could be some interesting LF trading and/or bartering, on the side as well

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 04-03-2009 at 05:57 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Punctuation

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm game!! Hey Mick - since when were tripods illegal in Melbourne - last time I was bothered by an overzealous security guard (whilst setting up a tripod and Graphic View opp the QV centre), I emailed the Melbourne Film Office, and they indicated that amateur photography of any kind (and I DID specifiy my setup specifically) was welcome and supported - in fact, they complained to QV management on my behalf... That was only a couple of years ago.

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc, for quite some time, maybe around 10 - 12 years you have needed a permit to use a tripod in the CBD.

Whether or not they enforce is another matter, although when CHOGM came to town anyone with a tripod was banned from the areas deemed to be a security risk, unless you were with a television station, they have insurance and were allowed.

Perhaps if you look up the city council regulations yuo may find the proper reference. I know that one of the camera clubs I belonged to in the 90's obtained a permit for a camera club shoot in the CBD back then.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's interesting - I feel quite the young rebel now!!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a new comer to LF, all my learning has been web based. Would like to get together with other LF users in Melbourne, or out of Melbourne. So count me in.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm busy over Easter, but after that should be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind a LF get together, best after Easter for me.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin