Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,220   Online: 853

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

KEM 35mm Cine flatbed for removal - Sydney, Australia - Scope, 1.85, 1.33 etc...

The item discussed here:

http://www.cinematography.com/index....hl=KEM+flatbed

Is up for removal in Botany, Sydney, Australia within the next two weeks or it will be trashed...

Please please someone take it off our hands, would love to keep it and if someone sympathetic to old gear such as this could provide an area that would be greatly appreciated, but its understood that as we're out of the country and unable to assist in removal or find an alternative place for it to wait to be refurbished here it is on offer for free...

There is some 16mm stuff in there also if you'd like it -

cheers all

Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEMs were always less than great, I was always pissed off that I was outvoted on the NZ Film Unit's purchase of several (the guy who signed the cheque was a mate of the distributor) so we ended up with KEMs rather than the better in every way Steenbecks.

Shame it's in Sydney, Patrick Monahan who is an editor in Auckland was a KEM sorta guy and a collector. I don't have a contact for him any more.

My preference was Moviolas.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Nick,

I am Head of Studies at Sydney Film School. A friend passed on your plea knowing that we still cut film on flat bed editing machines as part of our course. I also have a soft spot for these objects and this one looks in good shape. It would be a shame to trash it. We would be happy to rescue it from such a fate.

regards

Leslie Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    The item discussed here:

http://www.cinematography.com/index....hl=KEM+flatbed

Is up for removal in Botany, Sydney, Australia within the next two weeks or it will be trashed...

Please please someone take it off our hands, would love to keep it and if someone sympathetic to old gear such as this could provide an area that would be greatly appreciated, but its understood that as we're out of the country and unable to assist in removal or find an alternative place for it to wait to be refurbished here it is on offer for free...

There is some 16mm stuff in there also if you'd like it -

cheers all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Oliver View Post
    Hi Nick,

I am Head of Studies at Sydney Film School. A friend passed on your plea knowing that we still cut film on flat bed editing machines as part of our course. I also have a soft spot for these objects and this one looks in good shape. It would be a shame to trash it. We would be happy to rescue it from such a fate.

regards

Leslie Oliver
    I'll be the first to welcome you to APUG Leslie.

All rescue efforts are greatly appreciated here

Matt (from half way across the globe)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great outcome. Despite my grumblings KEMs are a totally viable tool, just watch out if your chairs have arms, they seem to inevitably knock off those faders on the left hand side!

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Leslie, check your PM mailbox here at APUG

Cheers all
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin