Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,132   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Glen (and Mark too by the way). Vanbar In Carlton and North Melbourne is the way to go. The supply in Carlton seems to be dwindling a bit, but in North Melbourne it seems to be growing. Some items are hard to find in the Carlton store but are in abundance at Nth Melb. I'm also in the north western suburbs and can offer you help in where to find what you need to equip your darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps Melbourne is blessed with groups and/or clubs which foster film based photography.

NSW clubs affiliated with the Australian Camera club federation (or whatever they call themselves) are predominantly full of digital devotees. I didn't learn much from my time with one, and found that the regular competitions--mostly dealing with set subjects--were skewing whatever originality I could claim towards pleasing judges, whose opinions I grew to despise. They were OK for social purposes.

I learnt far more from APUG and other internet sources than from clubs or judges.

Melbourne=Vanbar BTW.

Regards - Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin