Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,611   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Darkroom hire in Melbourne

As it will be at least 12 months till I have a space for a darkroom I was wondering if anyone knows of a B&W darkroom for hire in Melbourne? I asked at Lab X and they didn't think there were any but thought I'd give it a shot in here. There is an old thread in here but that was about darkrooms for hire in Sydney.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if you join Melbourne Camera Club you could use the one they have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, If you can wait a few months you could use mine (house currently being renovated). It does not get enough use from myself or my wife. I'd be happy to help some other interested persons out.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are often notices in the foyer of Vanbar in Carlton advertising darkroom space for rent. By the way, welcome to you and to Oxleyroad.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes - welcome to you both! Another Hawthorn Apug-er! Watch for me roaming yer streets...

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Hi, If you can wait a few months you could use mine (house currently being renovated). It does not get enough use from myself or my wife. I'd be happy to help some other interested persons out.
    Thanks to all for your replies. That is a very kind offer and I will contact you off list. That sounds great, I'm in Northcote.

Mark
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    hello, i'm also new to melbourne and am looking for a darkroom to rent in which i can process and proof black and white 8x10 negs in trays. any ideas? thanks! daisy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Daisy. As above, I suggest you have a look in the foyer of Vanbar Photographic in Cardigan Street, Carlton. There are usually a number of ads posted there for darkrooms for rent.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There used to be a community darkroom at Gasworks in Port Melbourne. The website says they'll announce its future a year ago. Doesn't sound good.

I thought the Abbotsford Convent would be the perfect place to set up a community darkroom. I emailed them and they gave a rather po-faced reply about spaces being available for rent. I guess if enough people went to them with a proposal then they might take notice...

John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daisy, Melbourne is sort of spread geographically, what area are you in?

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin