Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay, let's take a roll call -

Kevin Caulfield
    Mick Fagan
    Wyno
    Poisson du Jour
    blokeman
    OldBikerPete
    paul ewins
    munz6869 (marc)
    Nige plus two Nikonians (later)

Anybody else, please let us know if you're coming. Also, if anybody thinks they may come later or whatever, please PM me and I can give you my mobile number so you can find us.

So, let's meet at the corner of Fed Square closest to the Swanston St/Flinders St intersection at 11am tomorrow. I think there are some steps there(?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still in!
    ...So is Daisy the MTB.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So, I just happened to be at Fed Square tonight and yes, there are a small set of steps to the right of the Visitor Centre, and a larger set of steps to the left of the visitor centre as you face it. So let's try to meet near the larger set of steps at 11.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great to see everyone today!! Here's a couple of Christine's Plus-X (Rodinal) pics from her Retina...

http://www.worlddom.com.au/marc/image/apugmelb02.jpg

http://www.worlddom.com.au/marc/image/apugmelb01.jpg

Looking forward to next time, and the LF catch up!!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks to all for an enjoyable day.
    Blokeman, we couldn't find you and couldn't contact you.
    Marc, thanks for posting Christine's pics. That shot of the four of us is quite good. The people coming into the frame direct your gaze, and those crazy jumping guys are even included.
    Gary, great effort on riding a bicycle all the way from Geelong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Post Script: APUG Melbourne meeting on Saturday

Alrighty then...
    Here is the link to my JALBUM of the day's proceedings.

What a fabulous day out. Pity it costs $9.80 for a ham roll (with no butter!!!) and orange juice! Ugh—!

Those "crazy jumping guys"... that stuff has a name... an extreme sport of jumping from one structure to the next (there have been fatalities in the past).

I am surprised nobody to my knowledge was using colour film; I personally I reserve the use of B&W for suitably 'monochromatic toned' scenes, of which Michael had several very good shots printed (granite, waterfall, misty/rain-spattered lens views...).

Hang on Kev (whichever one you were I forget)... No, no, I did not ride the bike all the way from Geelong (that is reserved for the road bike, which can get me up there in 4 hr 50 minutes average). 'Daisy' and I caught the train up and back, sharing 9 Bombardier carriages coming home with thousands of hyperexcited North Melbourne fans. As we touring cyclists say after a satisfying ride, "Bloody Good Tour!".
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-23-2009 at 08:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post

Those "crazy jumping guys"... that stuff has a name... an extreme sport of jumping from one structure to the next
    "parcour"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Gary, thanks for posting those snaps. I was the one with the grey Coopers cap and the black Ilford Photo rugby jumper.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Thats a great turn up of gear you guys had. Wish that sort of thing went on in Sydney. Without starting a Melbourne vs Sydney debate there seems to be many more active/social photgraphers in Melbourne (purely based on observations via various forums and Flickr)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, we COULD have a Melbourne v Sydney debate. Just kidding. I'm not going to denigrate our northern friends. They do seem to have occasional gatherings. We do probably get together a bit more often.
    You are right about the gear though. We had everything from a Pentax 110 all the way up to a Tachihara 8 X 10, with a few other things in between.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin