Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,004   Online: 843

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    "parcour"
    Aaah, thanks Nige.

By the way, the APUG day ended around 5 pm with Nige taking his 7yo and 10yo APUGers and then me taking my 3 yo and 2 yo APUGers on the Giant Sky Wheel at Birrarung Marr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually had a thought that the group could get together often for days or even weekends away, my Otway Rainforest Excursion being but a good example (it remains to be seen though whether you can carry 18kgs of camera down there and up without drama!). Even an excursion to Sydney for a weekend photographing around The Rocks. Or Tasmania (Cradle Mountain). What do others think of that idea i.e. travel? I am heading to Cradle Mountain solo in July for 6 days (not camping!) to photograph the winter landscape.

Meeting up on odd weekends in Melbourne is fine but I remain troubled by the over-priced food at Southbank / Southgate, a gripe echoed by my sister and a few others who go down there after gigs at the Arts Centre.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Having looked at what I missed out on I am most certainly wanting to get out to the next outing as soon as I can.

I like the idea of weekends away, or day trips out of Melbourne.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd like to thank Kevin for organising the meet. had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. It was good to be able to faces to names. I've just processed the negs I took and done some rough prints. The one of the metal circular steps is probably the one I like best. Now I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures into the gallery.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No worries, Wyno. Thanks to all for coming.
    You probably won't be able to post images in the gallery if you're not a subscriber.
    I haven't processed my roll of Fuji Neopan 400 yet, and I'm pretty busy for the next two weeks, but I promise to post something as soon as I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wondering where Mike got to... thought he expired from a broken back on the way home...

I'll definitely bring 'Brutus' and 'SteadyFriend' on the next outing, whenever that may be, but it looks like Allambe Beek Falls is the next major meet of some members (19-20-21st June) of this enthusiastic group.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-25-2009 at 02:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, glad to see those that attended had a good time. Certainty looks like a interesting cross selecting of cameras. Cannot wait to the Otways, or even the the possible "show" beforehand to see some of these cameras in the flesh.

Shane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just started a thread for the LF gathering/meeting under the Australia section.

I don't know how to give a link to it from this thread, possibly one of you smarty pants type can find my thread and post the link to it from here?

I've developed my films from the weekend, I'll contact them during the week, I have my eye on a frame of one of those tap dancers we met that I photographed, could be an interesting picture.

Mick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin