Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,462   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK, now posted at LF forum too (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=49441).

Mick, the Vageeswaris are the Indian built panoramics I talked about. I'll probably bring the 8.5 x 15 since that has had the lensboard conversion and I can pop a lens on it and we can look at the GG image even if I can't take a photo yet.

Paul

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    On Saturday the 13th of June from 1300 hrs, there will be a get together for anyone interested in large format (LF) photography.

This will be held at the Hawthorn Rowing Club, ....

Mick.

A quick note to every one. I have to advise that we to change the meeting time by an hour, out to 14:00 hours. This is when I will be there to open the shed if needed.

If you get there early and the weather is fine there would be plenty of photo oportunities with some of the expected social rowing off the landing.

See you all there.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget, 14.00 that's 2.00pm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm a rough chance of turning up, to learn from you LF masters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You folks have fun down there today. I wish I was closer so that I could make the trip down to check out the big kits.

Up here in Brisbane, I've not yet found many film enthusiasts to hang out with.

Kind Regards
    Glenn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well that was a lot of fun - thanks again for organising the hall Andy, and thanks everybody else for bringing along your treasures!!

Here's a scan of the group shot Christine made with the Galvin 6x9 on ancient Polaroid pack film - it's starting to go a bit blue, and the textured paper doesn't scan the best, but you can see us and a few cameras....!!

http://www.worlddom.com.au/marc/image/apugmelb03.jpg

Marc!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    On Saturday the 13th of June from 1400 hrs, there will be a get together for anyone interested in large format (LF) photography. A Show and Tell.

This will be held at the Hawthorn Rowing Club, which is on the banks of the Yarra, in Hawthorn.

These cameras just don’t appear in camera shops anymore, you cannot see in the flesh, the various types of LF cameras and gear. This gathering is designed to help all of us, those with a LF camera and those without, to find out just what is around, what it looks like, and, more importantly, how it works!

Mick.
    Greetings all, I really enjoyed myself this afternoon, sorry time was short as I did not see all of the gear that was on show.
    Always another time : perhaps in the field on a week-end trip to the country !!! Cheers Barrie B, Wisner Technical field 4 x 5 ,

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ugh,

missed this whole thread - I'm working 80hr weeks at the mo' (Jersey Boys at the Princess)

I'm bringing over my 11x14" Sinar conversion from Auckland one of these days ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Left to right on the old Polaroid pearl stock, Old Biker Pete, Barry B, Mick Fagan, SMBooth, Andy C (OxleyRoad), Marc (holding a pristine looking and brand new toy, the Wista wooden folder), Mike (Wyno) from Geelong and Paul. Not forgetting Christine, who actually took the picture.

Some very interesting equipment was brought along, especially the Vageeswaris 8½” x 15” which is a bit of a beast to put it mildly. I now know just what a Wisner Technical Field camera looks like and Marc has a shed load of cameras that will be for sale in the not too distant future.

There were some interesting lenses being put on different cameras to just see what the view is, plus there were some really interesting titbits of gear, I also got to see and feel a Berlebach tripod in the flesh.

Good to see Kevin Caulfield call in with one of his sons in tow, Kevin is not yet a LF camera owner, but with a modest outlay it is possible he may in the future be one.

All in all a very satisfying afternoon, small number, but interesting information being bandied about all of the time.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Melbourne between 3-6th July and therefore will miss it by just a few days
    Wishing you all a wonderful time!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin