Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,304   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Melbourne Large Format show and tell!

On Saturday the 13th of June from 1300 hrs, there will be a get together for anyone interested in large format (LF) photography.

This will be held at the Hawthorn Rowing Club, which is on the banks of the Yarra, in Hawthorn.

It is a show and tell meeting, nothing more, nothing less. It is thought that there are quite a few LF photographers around in the greater Melbourne, not forgetting the many in the country.

The format for the afternoon is really quite simple, rock up and if you have a LF camera bring it along so we can all have a look and talk about it.

Iíll start by saying that Iíll bring along my Razzle, which is a Polaroid camera converted to take 4x5Ē sheet film, using either double dark slide film holders (DDS) or a Grafmatic back that can hold 6 sheets of film.

I also have a Shen Hao 4x5Ē, which if no one else intends to bring one, I will bring along.

After talking to people last Saturday at the gathering in the City, Mike from Geelong should be bringing along his 8x10Ē Tachihara, Marc should by the time of this event, have his brand new 4x5Ē Wista, he also has a 6x9 roll film view camera, which Iím sure people would be interested in seeing.

Anyone who is even remotely interested in LF photography, whether they have a LF camera or not, is very welcome.

These cameras just donít appear in camera shops anymore, you cannot see in the flesh, the various types of LF cameras and gear. This gathering is designed to help all of us, those with a LF camera and those without, to find out just what is around, what it looks like, and, more importantly, how it works!

The venue is at Melway ref 2H J7, but it is accessed off Creswick Street and by driving under the bridge. Oxley Road (Andy) should be able to kick in and drop a map into this thread.

It is anticipated that there be a gold coin donation for those attending, with this money going to the rowing club who are allowing us to use their premises for no charge.

Having seen the facilities, and its surrounds, be prepared to take the odd shot or two if you desire, it is photogenic.

So there you have it, now we await to be inundated with people clamouring to bring along their LF cameras and gear.

I myself would really like to see a Chamonix in the flesh, or any of the many and various monorail cameras, Paul has a Gowland I heard last Saturday, something I have never seen.

So what are people going to bring, and remember, if you donít have a LF camera, but have been interested in possibly getting one, be there, this is not going to happen again in a hurry.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Awesome!! I (ahem) could bring along several monorails Mick, if folks are interested.... (a Graphic View, an 80's "Ken Hansen View", a 6x9 Galvin....)

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll bring along the little Gowland monorail and one of the Vageeswaris and possibly a Graflex of some description.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK great. Can bring my fixed Razzle, Old Wista 4x5, hell Ill even bring my 4x5 pinhole.....

Can I go out on a limb here and say even if its not LF but you think it could be interesting to show then bring it along..

Thanks Mick and Andy.

PS, If anybody has a 8 x10 filmholder they want to sell bring it along. Any condition, Im sure we can work out a price.
    Last edited by SMBooth; 05-25-2009 at 08:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: PS addition

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Mick,
    I processed my shots from Saturday at work yesterday and didn't check that the trays were clean, thinking that any normal person would wash the trays after they used them. 4 out of 5 negs have brown stains over as much as 40% of the neg which shows up on a print quite badly.
    I was wondering if you would know of any way to clear these stains from the negs without destroying them. I 've always wanted to try out a staining developer like Pyrocat but this is definitely not want I want.
    Thanks
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, as I have the key to the Shed I am there.

I'll bring what I have built in the way of 4x5, and I bring my 1/2 plate bitsa in need of work.

Look forward to meeting everyone and learning what I can.

Please note the indicated parking areas on the map. There is also limited parking behind the rowing shed accessed from Isabella Grove off Coppin St, and of course there is street parking in Coppin Street asa well as Creswick Street. I am trying to insert an image, hope it works.

See you all there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HRC ShedLoc.JPG  
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Starting to look good, even if no one else turns up, it will be worth it.

Mike, I don't know what you could use without destroying or eating away at the image. I'm presuming the stain is in the emulsion, not just on the back?

I might even bring along a calumet mono-rail, I have two of them now, somehow they seem to grow and multiply in the dark

Marc, bring along whatever, I'm sure we'll all love to look at them. Could be interesting if you and Shane have a completely new Wista alongside one that is about 30 years old, could be an interesting comparison.

What on Earth is a, "Vageeswaris", is this something from the Vegemite factory?

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll bring along my Wista 45 metal field camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just wondering whether it is worth posting this on the LF Forum as well. Might get another face or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, that is a very good idea, feel free to post the details.

Mick.

PS:- I'm still waiting to hear what exactly a, "Vageeswaris", is!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin