Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,153   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Camera repairs Melbourne?

Hey, I'm new to APUG along with film. As I have just brought myself a Rolleiflex 3.5E and would like to know a shop that can service the camera. Any places you can recomend that has had experience with Rollei's, would be helpfull. I'm in Melborune and can't wait to put a roll of film through it.

Shane.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Shane - welcome to APUG!

here's a recent thread of Melbourne repair shops: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/6...s-members.html

Shutterbox would probably do an excellent job - they fixed the "bent-out-of-shape" viewfinder on my Rolleiflex...

Cheerio, Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I don't know anything about Melbourne camera shops, but welcome to APUG!

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll second Shutterbox and the Camera Exchange also do repairs inhouse. I've had good service from both.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the fast replies, I will send it into Shutterbox.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had experience with the Camera Clinic, the Shutterbox and Nagami Camera Sevice. I'm very happy with Nagami who fixed my OM4 mirror problem for about a third the price the others wanted.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to the forum Shane. I've used the Camera Clinic a few times for large format optic work and have been very satisfied. I haven't tried anyone else yet.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greets from another APUG forumite!
    My niece had her ancient Canon A1 SLR serviced at Michaels Camera House 3 weeks ago and it was a $95.00 / 12 hour turn around (!). That's certainly an improvement on the usual quoted "4-6 weeks" turnaround in most places, but I agree with others here that Camera Clinic in Collingwood (has done servicing for me) and Camera Exchange are all in the top-notch.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm

camera repair melbourne

vintech the camera service centre is a repair centre in melbourne that i have used to service my equipment.
    they are on the corner of lonsdale and elizabeth street.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    vintech the camera service centre is a repair centre in melbourne that i have used to service my equipment.
    they are on the corner of lonsdale and elizabeth street.
    For a moment I thought you were talking about Michaels, but now I realise that Vintech is in the building on the opposite corner.

My only experience is with Shutterbox in Hartwell. I had my Rolleiflex 2.8F CLA'd and shutter replaced there about 3 years ago. They treated it like my baby and it hasn't missed a beat since. Also a much more convenient location than the CBD - for me anyway .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin