Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,712   Posts: 1,514,645   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the new freeway that bypassed Geelong that was recently opened, was for that express purpose

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    As I had only a limited budget (don't we all?) for indulging myself, I limited my purchases to only two items: a "new" case for my Olympus OM2 and a pre-loved Takumar M42 Super-Multi-Coated f/4 17mm Fisheye lens (a relatively expensive item).
    ....almost bought that lens a few weeks ago....but i balked at the price......grin. Hope you post some samples somewhere, curious to know what i've missed out on.....grin

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne naughton View Post
    As I had only a limited budget (don't we all?) for indulging myself, I limited my purchases to only two items: a "new" case for my Olympus OM2 and a pre-loved Takumar M42 Super-Multi-Coated f/4 17mm Fisheye lens (a relatively expensive item).
    ....almost bought that lens a few weeks ago....but i balked at the price......grin. Hope you post some samples somewhere, curious to know what i've missed out on.....grin

Wayne
    Yes, you're right, it was a tad expensive, but I looked on it as both a souvenir (of the trip) and as a photogrpahic item, so....

I'll let you know how it went (still haven't finished off the film yet).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne naughton View Post

Wayne
    Dear Wayne,

Just got the prints back.

I'm sorry, but I am unable to post any samples (as I don't have any of the required software/hardware -not really into IT) but I'm very satisfied with the results:

Very sharp image, corner to corner.

Immense depth of field (like a digicam).

Excellent colour rendition.

Great micro-contrast.

Amazing perspective distortion, but still full-frame: like extreme barrel distortion. Can make you a little dizzy looking at it; but a straight line through the centre is still a straight line.

Susceptible to flare (can't use a lens hood), so need to select shooting position carefully to ensure the lens remains shaded: not so hard, once you are aware of it.

I can't provide a sample, but these will give you an idea (Gallery by Sanjuro):

http://www.dyxum.com/columns/article...eye_review.asp

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    many thanks and thanks for the link. Seems that i've missed out on something a bit special, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I thought the new freeway that bypassed Geelong that was recently opened, was for that express purpose
    'Express' is the operative word. It's the real deal, Mick. Marvellous. Saves me 28 minutes from Highton to Melbourne! Great speeds can be reached on the skinny-tired carbon/f road bike, too, but much too naughty to post here!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin