Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,102   Online: 854

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Another Newbie & "wanted"

Hi, I too have been on APUG for a few years now but haven't been around for a while so the Aus forum is new to me too.

Worked for a Photographer in Tas & as photog for Flemings nurseries a while back but now I'm finishing my science degree at RMIT in Melb in scientific Photography and considering honours next year.

I own Nikon digital (I know taboo word here, but in science you use the right tool for the job - sometimes that's digital) equipment, Pentax 35mm & Linhof Kardan 4x5 but use a whole lot more (read: to expensive for me to buy) depending on the application.

Just as a side note: I'm after a cheap (or free) TLR - can be damaged. I want it to make a 120/220 motorized strip/streak camera so I don't need the crank system to work - I'll do that myself. Just needs a lens (can be fixed) but shutter doesn't need to work & prism working. Otherwise a cheap 220 roll film back for the Linhof Kardan would do the trick. I know it's not too likely here but thought I'd throw it out there!

I'll try to spend a bit more time here after mid year assessments are over!

-Phil

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to the forum Phil.
    Can't help you with the equipment, unfortunately, but if you want to come to the LF meeting at the Hawthorn rowing club that Mick Fagan has organised for Saturday 13th June, someone else may be able to help you with some of it. There is another thread about the meeting here on the OZ forum.
    Hope to see you there.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    G'day Phil
    Welcome to the Aus forum!
    Sorry I cannot help you with the gear either...
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the forum, Phillip.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Phil. Sorry, I can't help you either, but I'm sure somebody here will be able to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from me as well Phil. Like you perhaps, I've been absent form APUG for just a while but getting active again now.

What about ebay for the bits you're after or perhaps the Photographic Trader magazine, plenty of old stuff in there.
    Last edited by Glenn Mathison; 06-12-2009 at 09:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin