Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,765   Online: 901

Shooter
    Large Format

Film order from Badger Graphics (US)

Hi,

I was wondering if any Sydney based LF users want to order any film form Badger Graphics and share the shipping charges. I'm going to be ordering some Tri-X 5x7. Shipping charges for the first box are $34US, then about $6 per box...

Drop me a PM if interested.

Cheers,

Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Jon,

Are there any concerns with film (e.g. Provia) getting x-ray'd multiple times as it's shipped from USA to Australia?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not that I'm aware of......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Certainly Tri X 5x7 and Arista 5x7 from Freestyle comes in with no problems from any shipping scanning.

No idea about colour.

Jon, 6 months ago I might have taken you on, but I don't need any at present. You have obviously made your wise choice of stock, but can I draw your attention to the less expensive Arista EDU as well. It works pretty well.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Ross,

I placed the order the other day.

I've never heard of Arista EDU. I'd certainly be interested in cost savings as the Tri-x was $96USD/50 sheets as opposed to eighteen months ago, when I last ordered, and it was $77USD/50 sheets from memory.

JOn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jon, do check the forum for opinions other than mine of Arista Edu, but I've had quite good results, bearing in mind the rather severe reciprocity failure. It's really Foma rebranded.

I have both Kodak and Arista on the shelf, the Arista for when longer exposures aren't dictated.

Regards - Ross

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin