Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,498   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brisbane groups

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have had similar experiences with photo clubs in Brisbane, even to the extent of being told that I needn't bother returning as I didnt possess digital gear. I too have had no problem with Teds except that they dont stock 8x10 film, but life is like that. Apart from chemicals all of my gear is brought in from the US.

I am in Brisbane and I shoot 8x10 and 8x20. I have 35mm but havent used it for quite a while now. In terms of processing I am trying to come to grips with vandyke and cyanotype before taking the plunge into Platinum/Palladium, but I have lots to learn first.

If anyone is keen to get out and about shooting, let me know, I would be interested.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am very keen indeed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be keen to meet some local Apuggers - I just see a new thread has opened up on this so will respond there...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i have had similar issues in toowoomba. when i first discovered the photo club here i was excited at the prospect of meeting a bunch of people who do photography (as opposed to digital imaging). i was terribly disappointed. even the old blokes are shooting their multi-mega-pixel machines. so i'm a bit alone up here, just doing my own thing. i can't even buy film in toowoomba - apart from consumer 35mm. no labs either.

i agree 100% with krzys's assessment of most of the people in ted's. there is a young woman in there though who has some life in her still. but their film stocks are getting more and more limited - as are photocontinental's. i buy from vanbar or o/s now. mostly badgergraphic of late.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like Toowoomba and surrounds may be a venue for a future outing!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I will go to Toowoomba any day at all for a photo trip. Love it up there. The Japanese Gardens are my favourite location, although a few of the areas out of town arent bad either
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    yep - toowoomba is an excellent location for a shoot. lots of lovely minimalist landscapes out on the downs too. better be quick though as i'm thinking of moving north to get away from the winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How far north? Just came back from a few weeks in Mossman in FNQ. There is a bit too much summer up there... and too many crocs, stingers and tourists!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    have several irons in the fire. depends which job i am offered really - one is in longreach (i rather like this one as i love the west - wonderful photography opportunities out there), another in townsville, and another in darwin (like this one too - though the cost of living up there is a little scary).

i have lived most of my life in the tropics - esp PNG, and the climate of toowoomba is just not good for my blood. still, i have a good job here, and should i not get any of these jobs i'll just look around for a warmer house....

(i do this every winter btw... get itchy feet and look northward)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin