Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,566   Online: 940

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Brisbane Get together

Following up on some interest as a result of Chris's post.

Is anyone interested in a get together in Brisbane. If you are drop me an email with suggested dates and locations.

At this stage late July and Early August would be a good start. Options include Southbank/City, Mt Coot-tha gardens, or perhaps Gold Coast Hinterland. If you can think of other options let me know.

Thanks

Craig Griffiths
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy to catch up for a coffee/beer anytime.
    If the plan is to do some shooting en masse, I think somewhere relatively quiet would be good. I always like Lamington NP (eg Binna Burra) for a relaxing outing, but will give some further thought to other possible options...
    Ian
    Craig, I will send you a PM/email

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm keen to catch-up with some like minded large format nuts. We're a bit of a rare commodity in Australia, much less Queensland...and if you're on the Gold Coast, you're in my home town. Let me know if it goes ahead.

Cheers,

Craig

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So far there are only 4 takers. Let me know the best dates etc. Heading down towards the gold Coast or hinterland is looking like the best option.

Craig, how is the Ebony going? I am hoping to take both the 8x10 and 8x20 so there will definately be a few large format cameras there.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It looks like the options as far as dates are concerned are 11th or 12th July and then the first weekend in August (1st and 2nd). It also seems that everyone is on the southside or Gold Coast so the Gold Coast hinterland sounds like a good spot unless someone has a different idea. Springbrook, or Binna Burra or perhaps Tamborine would be good.

Let me know your preferred date and venue and we will go from there.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am interested in Tamborine or the Hinterland as I went to the mountains and falls above Maleny last weekend and shot some bulk rolled film, which I thought was Hp5 when it was actually Fp4, so I ruined everything. It would be good to make up for it with somewhere slightly similar.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i'm in toowoomba. shoot large format - 4x5 and 8x10, and krzys just pointed out this thread to me. pretty busy all through july, but august is a possibility.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Griffiths View Post

Craig, how is the Ebony going? I am hoping to take both the 8x10 and 8x20 so there will definately be a few large format cameras there.
    Gidday Craig...loving it thanks mate. Going a bit crazy trying to get into some 'wetplate collodion' work....Ellie in Melbourne is fighting to legalise guncotton at the moment :-) Is your 8x10 a Chamonix as well...I'd like one of those?! I'm still getting over that super large format monster I saw last time.

I'm going to have to miss the July 11/12 get together though. I'm in Sydney checking out an artist space for an exhibition I'm having. I'll have to catch up in August or any other time you decide to have another one.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Looks like August to me then. Keep me updated with the Collodion it is something I want to get into. The 8x10 is a Tachihara at the moment although I will be looking for something to handle some of the big old lenses in the near future. Not sure whether a studio camera or whether to make something. I have a set of 20x24 bellows that have been tempting me of late, but unfortunately only limited (or nonexistent) woodoworking skills.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So any takers for the 1st or 2nd of August? Looks like the Gold coast hinterland is the most likely location wise. Mt Tamborine, Springbrook or Lamington National Park sound the best locations. I might be biased but would love to get back to Elebana Falls at Lamington, although Curtis Falls and Purlingbrook Falls would be good as well.

I would prefer an early start for a few hours of photographing then lunch at a pub somewhere sounds good to me.

Let me know if you are interested and we can confirm location and times.
    Craig Griffiths

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin