Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,416   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

120 C41 and E6 developing in Brisbane compared to the rest of Australia

As far as I know the cities in Australia other than Brisbane have 120 processing capabilities at Big W and other department stores for cheaper prices than the pro labs. In Brisbane it seems that it is impossible to get a roll of 120 developed for less than $10 and it can only be done at a dedicated lab. Ive heard stories from my friend in Melbourne of $5 120 c41 in 2 hours!

Are there any department stores in Brisbane that will do 120?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Although it is a while since I used 120, there are none that I know of. As far as I remember any non 35mm was being sent off somewhere else for processing. I hadn't looked at pricing for a while and was surprised to see how expensive it has become. It might be worth investigating doing your own processing.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am pretty sure you won't find any shop in Brisbane other than a prolab to do 120 films.
    Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I really don't think home processing is economic for the small amount I shoot. I really need to get some paper and for all my b&w and start printing. For now Ill survive getting e6 done at Photo Continental for $10. Its just the friends in Melbourne with cheap prices that get to me hah.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Krzys ... your favourite store in the cite does 120 processing (developing only) ... I was charged less than $7 for the last roll I had done a couple of months ago ... but I am also sure that PC does a great job for $10 ... there is also a shop called Photofast in the bottom of the Myer Centre that will process 120 rolls, but I think that they ask for at least 24 hr turnaround and I don't know the price (I always go across to Adelaide St) ... no other stores in the city do 120 that I am aware ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaties View Post
    Hi Krzys ... your favourite store in the cite does 120 processing (developing only) ... I was charged less than $7 for the last roll I had done a couple of months ago ...
    Uhh which store is that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Ive heard stories from my friend in Melbourne of $5 120 c41 in 2 hours!
    Hi Krzys,
    Can you get your friend in Melbourne to give us some more specific info? I'd love to know where I can get that sort of deal. :o

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sure, I will ask him

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, Ted's can develop 120 ... printing is limited to scanning on an Epson v750 and going digital from there ... but I know that you haven't had much success getting decent service from them in the past, so I thought that you would be reluctant to go back ...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    In Sydney I found that the small minilabs will develop and sometimes also print C-41 120 film. It usually just involves them knowing how to use the small black plastic cassettes.

Older shops with long term staff seem to be best as they know what 120 film is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin