Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,855   Online: 763

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Tony, had a great afternoon. Look forward to getting together again to show some pics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks heaps Tony for providing the idea and organizing the beer&snags: much appreciated.

And thanks everyone for going to the trouble of hauling the gear out and explaining to guys like me the works of those amazing cameras. Great company, great atmosphere.

Some stunning gear on show, that's for sure! Large format is getting more and more tempting: I still enjoy 35mm and MF a lot but 4X5 is a completely different league.

You folks should get together often and maybe do a show images day or something. I'll be tagging along, that's for sure!

As I said: anyone coming over to the Northern beaches, you're most welcome to PM in advance and use my place in Warriewood as a base of operations. There are some amazing views around here and the Warriewood wetlands park has always something interesting happening in the animal front.

And thanks heaps for sharing that afternoon.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Good to meet everyone on Saturday - and what an interesting collection of hardware!

Thanks again to Anthony for the snags and organisation.

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    really enjoyed Saturday afternoon, too. Thank you, Anthony, for arranging the get-together and even supplying sausages and beer. And Tony Egan for apres-lunch dips and drink.

In Tony's photo we all look a bit lifeless, which is NOT how we acted and talked. We had fun! Guess our blank looks must be due to looking at the digital camera!

Regards,
    Rod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi folks.
    Just added my photos - warts and all - to the scraps gallery in dA.
    Click on the first photo and then again to see large image, then just use the navigation at the top to flow through them.

In the Film, 35mm colour section you'll see what I was up to before joining the meeting.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I want to thank everyone for coming. I was a bit nervous about it, but we ended up with 10 all up which I think is a pretty good attendance. It goes to show we can put on as good a show as those Melbournians! We had a wide variety of interesting gear/different formats - I think only 2 cameras the same brand, but different models. It goes to show between ten people we all approach our photography from different points of view which gives plenty to talk about.

I'm not to sure where to from here - so suggestions are welcome. I feel we should have regular meetings, but more 'showing photos' orientated. I have this idea of having a LF gallery exhibition - all of us contributing. I think a purely film exhibition, and LF as well, is now a unique thing. An existing gallery may take us on, or do it ourselves. A friend of mine is a landscape artist, and he hires a publicist for each of his exhibitions. The publicist doesn't cost much and he gets his photo and articles in all the local newspapers. Just something to think about - craftsmen are generally not good at selling themselves.

I was really amiss. I should have got each of your email addresses and phone numbers to organise whatever in the future. I would appreciate if each of you could send me a private Message with those details?

Thanks all for coming - Tony Lewis
    Last edited by Anthony Lewis; 09-15-2009 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    The Medium is the Massage - Marshal McLuhan
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Your shindig looked great, AND you had beer and snags!! By and large I think the Australian Apug-ers are pretty good at these ad hoc get-togethers...

Marc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sounds great, shame I didn't see this thread until tonight. I'll try and subscribe (to the Aus group) so as to not miss the next.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time for us to start thinking about doing this again

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sorry Anthony, I'd love to come to the meeting, but that day is my partner's birthday,and I'd be dogmeat if I wasn't with her taking her out. I it was in September or October, then I'd definitely be there. I've missed going to the Melbourne meetings since I moved to Canberra, and it's only a hop step and a jump to Sydney from here..
    Mike

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin