Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,724   Online: 763

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Huge LF's meet in Sydney

It’s about time all Large Format’s in Sydney got together. So I have taken the liberty to organising the meeting. I feel it is best for starters to have a central location, so it is at Ball’s Head Reserve, Waverton, next to the barbecue area, adjacent to the car park. If anyone has any suggestions for inclement weather then please post it here.

I’m thinking mid afternoon – say 3pm – on Saturday August 22. I will put on a bit of a sausage sandwich barbecue, and we will talk about ‘whatever’ over a few beers. I would like all to bring some gear to show off and talk about. If anyone anywhere in Australia – or the world - wishes to turn up then all the better. If anyone is just dead keen on film then turn up as well.

If anyone wants to have a bit of a soapbox on the philosophy of film, while loaded with some beers, then go for it! So lets pass the word around – the more the merrier.

Please give me an idea if your turning up?
    The Medium is the Massage - Marshal McLuhan
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Somebody finally organises a LF meet in Sydney and its on a day I can't make

If the date gets changed I'll be there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd reconsider the date & time. Sunset is 5.30 on that day so if you start at 3pm you'll only have a couple of hours before it gets dark. I think people like to use these events to set up cameras & look through them so plenty of daylight is a must. I'd suggest starting earlier or having it in October once daylight saving starts. Still, it's a good idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK count me in. We have to start somewhere. We reticent Sydney-siders have been a bit slack in getting together. Actually there's an opening at the Meyer gallery tomorrow night. We could canvas the crowd there. Might pick up a few starters?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If anyone else thinks we should kick off earlier, then please post that here? What time would you like, 1.00pm or 3.00pm? Get the word out there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not a LF user, just 35mm and MF. But I wouldn't mind attending, if nothing else to oggle at those marvelous LF thingies!
    However, August is a bad month of Saturdays for me: end of soccer season, semifinals and finals going on, ferrying kids, etcetc. September onwards would be the ideal.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds great, I'm pretty sure I'll be free to make it too. Not sure if I'll drag the kit out though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anthony I'd like to, but time and date problems with me as well (SSO plays Prokofiev in Springwood at 6.30 that day, and I've booked)

I'll monitor the thread for possible reschedules of the gathering, I'd imagine a few folk might like to check out my Shen Hao 5x7 if they are thinking of buying one of their products, and I'd be pleased to lug it down.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be going to a gig later that night so happy to start earlier. 1pm would be fine with me.

I should also add I think we should make it open to all APUGers regardless of gear size.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There are a few very significant players in our LF community who cannot make Saturday August 22. So I am considering changing the date to Saturday 12 September kicking off at 1.00pm. Same location: Balls Head Reserve, Waverton.

Can each of you let me know if this suits you so I can get a good idea if this is a better date? In the end no one day is going to accommodate all, but I certainly want a date when almost all can turn up!

This is a meeting for all Large Formatters to get together, but my attitude is anyone who has a keen interest in film, anyone with interesting/unusual gear, MF’s, etc, are more than welcome.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin