Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,460   Online: 891

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

HC-110 available in Australia?

Has anybody seen Kodak HC-110 available in australia? Preferably Adelaide?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This discussion on RFF should help.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=77290

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Krzys ... Well that sucks ... I'm just starting out with B&W processing and would like to find a concentrated long life developer that's locally available. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try Foto Riesel for Rodinal. I believe that Vanbar might have it as well, there is a tread about Vanbar stocking R09. Both of them should ship to Adelaide.

I definitely have seen LC and HC Ilford products around as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Rodinal is a good bet for what youre looking for. I got lucky and found some Diafine cheap. I hear that stuff lasts for years.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Try Les on (02) 49585840. He will ship and is a great person. He also advertises in the photo classified magazine.
    Hope this helps.
    Pat

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I never found HC-110 in either Adelaide or Perth, but LC-29 is readily available everywhere. I believe it's the same stuff, in the same way that ID-11 is D-76. Dilutions might vary, but chemically it's the same and it does last.

Rodinal is available, sort-of, but often hard to get. There's one distributor left with about 100 of 125mL bottles (as of June) and you have to order it in so I stocked up a bit. I got mine from L&P in Kent Town (they're good) so they might have some more in stock. Certainly you can get non-Agfa branded versions, e.g. R09 from Vanbar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les Porter also has A&O rodinal in 125ml bottles & as already mentioned he is good to deal with.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The other option for a long life developer is EMOFIN from Tetenal. It is a split developer, so the process is two developments of equal time without a wash in between. Vanbar has this developer in powder form. I use this quite a lot, temperature does not have much effect. You must remember to watch you following wash and fix to be the same temp. I use this with a Jobo without any worries. The other option would be to get the formula and buy the chemicals and make your own HC -110. (the net or the darkroom or film cookbooks would help here).
    Pat

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the responses everyone ... I have ordered a bottle of HC-110 through Toby at Total Photographics in Adelaide. Should have it by the end of this week. He did not have any hesitation about it's availability ... Now, where are all those little medicine bottles I've been collecting from work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin