Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,073   Online: 810

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone need some brown bottles (in Australia)?

I am planning to order some brown/amber bottles from a local bunch here who supply a million different types of bottles, jars, etc. Only problem is that their minimum order is $100. One option would be to go in with one or two others who also want some nice bottles for storing developers etc.
    My own main requirement is 25 x 500ml bottles + wadded caps, which will cost about $22, so the prices aren't too bad. I may also get some 1litre bottles...
    Would anyone be interested in joining in the order? The link to the relevant website with catalog is below:
    http://www.plasdene.com.au/
    Brisbane people would obviously be easiest to get the bottles to, but I could also post some elsewhere in the country for not too many dollars I imagine.
    Please let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, many years ago I was in a position to get about 100 500ml brown bottles. They were the poison type with the fluted or ribbed edges, I did get them. The poison glass bottles are far stronger than normal glass bottles, I'm not sure about any cost difference though.

I did find one problem, marbles!

To be precise, the neck opening was very small and required me to go through my three plastic ice-cream containers, to get my smallest marbles.

I use glass marbles to top up the liquid, I find this a better and infinitely cheaper method than using any inert or not so inert gases.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I use glass marbles to top up the liquid, I find this a better and infinitely cheaper method than using any inert or not so inert gases.

Mick.
    Do you have to clean the marbles when mixing up a new batch? Or just rinse?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ian,
    I have purchased from the same company. I purchased WINCHESTER 1 litre bottles and various other size bottle for my Silver nitrate and salting solutions. The invoice total was $59.15. The sign stated minimum cash sale $100.00 the staff didn't seem to mind at all. I don't know how far Virginia is from you, It may be worth a trip though. Also you must purchase lids.......Have a look at the above bottles(winchester)
    If you do need to freight something look at Greyhound (the bus company) They can freight large items a good rates. I have had two enlargers and a processor shipped from Victoria to me.
    Hope this helps
    Pat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mick. Yes, I was looking at the poison bottles, but Plasdene's minimum quantity of those is 1000, or some other very large number. There is another supplier on the other side of town that may do a smaller tray size, so I may have another look at their catalog...

Time to raid the kids' marble jars!

Ian

Ian, many years ago I was in a position to get about 100 500ml brown bottles. They were the poison type with the fluted or ribbed edges, I did get them. The poison glass bottles are far stronger than normal glass bottles, I'm not sure about any cost difference though.

I did find one problem, marbles!

To be precise, the neck opening was very small and required me to go through my three plastic ice-cream containers, to get my smallest marbles.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Pat
    Virginia is not too far away, so I may just go for a spin and talk to them. If I smile nicely, maybe they will forget the minimum order sizes!
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by largeformat pat View Post
    Ian,
    I have purchased from the same company. I purchased WINCHESTER 1 litre bottles and various other size bottle for my Silver nitrate and salting solutions. The invoice total was $59.15. The sign stated minimum cash sale $100.00 the staff didn't seem to mind at all. I don't know how far Virginia is from you, It may be worth a trip though. Also you must purchase lids.......Have a look at the above bottles(winchester)
    If you do need to freight something look at Greyhound (the bus company) They can freight large items a good rates. I have had two enlargers and a processor shipped from Victoria to me.
    Hope this helps
    Pat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotch, I rinse after use, then soak in a container of water for a time, usually about ½ an hour, rinse again, then put away for another day.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fotch, I rinse after use, then soak in a container of water for a time, usually about ½ an hour, rinse again, then put away for another day.

Mick.
    Thanks. Sounds easy enough.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin