Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,911   Online: 1002

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Print Exchange

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would agree traditional prints only. This is APUG, self or lab printed. Might get a couple into the darkroom. Don't have an enlarger. send to a lab. larger neg. contact print.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the compliment Kev.
    Please tell me again how this works. Do we do 10 prints of the same neg and send them to one person to distribute, or do we do 10 prints from 10 different negs and send those. I'm a little slow with these things?
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, it's usually 10 prints the same, bit i've heard of people sending a few different images as a submission. I've always sent 10 of the same print.

I think we need to get firmish commitments to see how many people will participate. No good saying groups of 10 if only 5 put their hands up!

So, I'll change my 'maybe' to a yes, I'm in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post

if we only permit traditional prints that are commercially produced then I'm out...ALL the local labs I use are in the process of phasing out their "wet" labs, and are doing all their printing on "dry (inkjet)" labs.

Based on my experience I actually prefer the inkjet prints as I get the colors I'm expecting, not the color the printer thinks I want..

I scan all my color work because thats how labs work now - they don't print optically....and I can't afford to get 10 prints done at a custom lab that still prints color using a enlarger just to share....

All good points.

Personally, I'm easy, but since this is APUG...

Cheers, Nige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can count me in regardless of what is decided with commercial printing....given enough time I can send the negs off for printing....

Any one have any thoughts on a different size - postcard(6x4) or 5x7? Just a thought
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm in! great idea. I vote "up to" 8x10, traditional prints only, any format.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree. Home darkroom or lab printed. for the larger negs they can just contact print.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Since I've only got an 8x10, my prints are going to be that size.
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't mind organizing it, it sounds like a pretty simple concept.

- if x people want to do the exchange
    - Everyone makes x - 1 prints of the same image and mails them to me along with a return stamped self addressed envelope
    - I receive them and split them up and send them back to everyone.

So, how long do we give everyone to sign up and make their prints? 1 month ok?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds good Tim. Only thing I'd add is see how many people 'sign up'. If it's less than 15 I'd say just have one group, any more and have to spilt into groups.

How about 2 weeks to sign up (need to know final numbers before start printing), a month to print and send (then you get 2 days to turn them around )

so :
    Send Prints - 16/6/2010

Now to decide on print 'rules'
    1. Prints 8"x10" max
    2. Traditional commercial prints OK. ie. Regardless of Lab process, print is on 'photographic' paper from a neg/pos.
    3. Unmounted prints only (due to postage costs)
    4. You tell us about making the print (this is also a learning tool) and if you desire. the image taking (locations don't need to be divulged)

regarding point 2. How strict do we want to be? I'd prefer to allow someone to join in with inkjets if thats what they have at their disposal. Might allow someone 'remote' to participate where they normally couldn't.

Anything else?

Nige.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin