Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,102   Online: 885

Page 1 of 38 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Print Exchange

Shooter
    Medium Format

Print Exchange

Not sure if an attempt has been made for an Australian based print exchange.
    Just testing the water to see if there is enough interest to organise such an exchange.
    Wazza

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would be happy to contribute to this exchange as soon as I have some prints to share. I hope it takes off!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm keen to participate so count me in.

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in, keep me posted, I'll print some work up.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'll be in it. I finally have some prints I'm proud of.
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Possible 'Australian' PRINT EXCHANGE

Greetings All;
    I have just received my 9 prints from 'The Large Format Print Exchange ,2010'
    This is how it runs :- Members make say 10 identical prints, these are mailed to the 'co-ordinator' who , when the first 10 parcels arrive, opens them up and then places one print into each pile, which in turn is then wrapped-up and posted back to each of the group members. So in effect you receive 9 new images in your return parcel, great:
    Now for some rules , each image must be 'unounted' and say 8" x10" in size, this makes the parcel size more manageable and reduces the postal cost.
    By selecting a padded postal bag it may be possible to re-use the same bag / packet for the return of the exchange images. Postal costs may vary across Australia ? The Co-ordinator must have the 'time to process all images received AND visit a Post Office to 'Mail the return images '.How the 'return postage amount is calculated and paid to be determined,etc These are some of the items to sort out, (B T W the reason for 10 Images is for one image to be donated to the Co-ordinator for his time and trouble.).
    .............. Depending upon the final format I too may wish to be involved in an Australian Print Exchange . Rexton.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    why not?? Depending on the final format count me in too
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    depending on the format and timing (I never commit to something I can't do!), I might be interested.

I do like how the LF print exchange works however due to the likely numbers, some changes might need to be implemented. The LF one worked on a FIFO (first in first out) basis but that requires enough participants that there are multiple groups. We might be better off having a sign-up period and the list of participants is split into reasonable sized groups (may just be one group!). The LF exchange worked this way previous years. This way you send the right number of prints.

Cheers, Nige.

Page 1 of 38 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin