Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,824   Online: 738

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Any danger of any Sydneysiders chiming in on this thread?
    And showing us what is being talked about (even if it is from one of those 'other' types of camera!).

Steve
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I missed the red sky as I was slow to get out of bed, by the time I got up the sky was yellow, and as I had the day off I went back to bed and slept untill the dust had mostly cleared

Have a bit of clean up in front of me, bloody red dust everywhere

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Goodness me, trotkiller, you lead an energetic life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I stumbled out of bed at 6.30 am and took a few shots of my street when my early rising wife told me what was going on. I also took my camera in the car on the drive to work but due to some early appointments I didn't have the time to find any striking vantage points. One of the most interesting phenomenon was the way headlights, street lights and traffic lights changed hue due to the effect of a large orange filter.

I am also a bit pissed off because dust got into my darkroom and I will have to spend a few hours cleaning it out. I tell myself it was probably due anyway!

Some interesting shots sent in by listeners to the ABC radio station here:
    http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/photos.htm

WARNING:... a few digital shots of my street and from the car...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust 5.jpg   Dust 4.jpg   Dust 2.jpg   Dust 3.jpg   Dust 1.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Any word on how the dust was up in Port Macquarie? I have rels up in Comboyne.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Except for the fact that the number plates are the right way around I would of thought that you put your film in the wrong way around Tony...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trotkiller View Post
    Well I missed the red sky as I was slow to get out of bed, by the time I got up the sky was yellow, and as I had the day off I went back to bed and slept untill the dust had mostly cleared

Have a bit of clean up in front of me, bloody red dust everywhere

You slept "until the dust mostly cleared"!?
    That's about 6 hours. Get up and photograph, you'll miss something for sure.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Any word on how the dust was up in Port Macquarie? I have rels up in Comboyne.

Vaughn
    Brisbane got a lot of dust a bit later than Sydney, and Port Macquarie is halfway to Sydney from here, so your people would have been pretty orange down there too...

Shooter
    35mm
    I too, like Ross (hi), thought twice about taking the gear out into the atmospherics. Also, by the time I got up and ready for work, the best of it was over. The early sunrise, when it was blood red at about 5:30 was the primo time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Except for the fact that the number plates are the right way around I would of thought that you put your film in the wrong way around Tony...
    Yeah, it was Lomo Redscale day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin