Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,136   Online: 854

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Photo exhibition at NGV

Just a short note.
    The National Gallery of Victoria is putting on a display of some of its15,000 photos with works from every decade back to the 1800's. I'm not sure when it starts but details are in Tuesday 3rd November's copy of the Age. You could probably get more details from the gallery's website. www.ngv.vic.gov.au.
    cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for posting this. Wish I could jet down to see this.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On until 4th of April 2010, started in mid Oct.

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/review/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good call!! And that goes for long enough I'll just have to see it - I only made the Dali exhibition within the last week (when the queues were starting to grow quite long)...

Marc

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Yesterday I went to see the exhibition. Very nice. Includes work of Edward Weston (Nautilus shell) and Ansel Adams (one of the Yosemite photos). The only disappointment was the very small size of the exhibition. As a side note, I thougt it was slightly embarrassing for the NGV to repeatedly spell Alfred Stieglitz as "Steiglitz."

I also saw the exhibition of the Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Group of the The Melbourne Camera Club at Michaels (museum floor). Highly recommended as well. Some very nice B&W work including some work of APUG member Barrie B. I think this exhibition is closing soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I'll try and catch this with the Dennis Hopper exhibition when I'm down in a fortnight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin