Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,454   Online: 1073

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The $60 thing at B&H is the minimum UPS postage cost. There is no minimum product order. They will happily ship you a single roll of HP5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ooops, thank you for clarifying Ian - perhaps I should go to sleep one of these days and I'll actually comprehend the words I'm reading (and writing!)

Shooter
    35mm
    I just do 35mm.

To be on the safe side, you might want to consider putting the old Paterson tank aside for the moment and get yourself a new(er) tank & reels on Ebay (none there at the moment, just looked, only a couple of bigger ones from India which are always there, but there soon will be more I'm sure, you'll get a bargain). Would be better if you could invert. Keep things relatively modern at the start, by gear & method, which is what the chem instructions/books are assuming you're doing, get encouraging results which is always uplifting, even if it's just of your toes, then play around a bit with the old tank later if you like. You don't have to get a single-reel tank... in fact I don't think Paterson does single.... get a 2-reel tank and just put enough fluid in for one reel, it'll tell you underneath how much per roll.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've bought TX400 film cans from Freestyle and have them shipped to Santiago, Chile at least three times and no problem so far. Hint: along with the film cans I´ve also bought cartridge of Neopan 1600 as an "X-ray test device". At the arrival of the cans, I develop the virgin Neopan film in search of any strange sign... always clear (except for the numbers, of course).
    Marcelo

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Re tanks - i would just get a small stainless tank (with plastic/rubber lid) from Vanbar. They are really pretty cheap and IMO better than plastic

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Have to have a proper think about what I actually want.... best done over a beer in the sun....

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, you can go the single-reel steel tank if you like. Personally I stick with Paterson as it's a modular system, for want of another way to put it, with the reels & parts. The 2-reel tank does fine for one roll.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MPandolfo View Post
    I've bought TX400 film cans from Freestyle and have them shipped to Santiago, Chile at least three times and no problem so far. Hint: along with the film cans I´ve also bought cartridge of Neopan 1600 as an "X-ray test device". At the arrival of the cans, I develop the virgin Neopan film in search of any strange sign... always clear (except for the numbers, of course).
    Sir, you are a paranoid genius. I bow to you. What a great way to qualify shipped goods!

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, yeah, I'd also probably look at getting some Polaroid/Fuji Instant film for this Polaroid back I just bought.......... film/paper/polaroid......... don't know about paper though, it's bloody heavy & dense, might just keep on banking on quitting photography students offloading theirs. Film is my main concern. Excuse me, just thinking aloud....

Shooter
    35mm
    Dave Pritchard, that is BRILLIANT!

Why not do it with one roll of T-max 3200, even more sensitive.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin