Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,120   Online: 843

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Buying film from overseas...

Can anyone advise on buying film from overseas suppliers? Is there a real danger that it'll get fried in x-rays? Specifically I'm looking at getting some Fuji Neopan 1600 and would've thought at that speed there's cause for concern. Many thanks, Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy film from Freestyle (USA) , no problem with X rays. Try with confidence.
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in Australia too, and I've bought Neopan 1600 from an overseas supplier before (as well as other high-speed film such as Ilford Delta 3200). Out of the rolls that I've exposed and developed so far, I haven't noticed any kind of fogging or other damage.

Shooter
    35mm
    sgpix, who did you buy from? A proper dealer, or an Ebay punter?

At $15.10 a roll from Vanbar I really have no choice but to try from overseas.

Shooter
    35mm
    I mean, I'm just taking a look on Ebay now and there seems to be plenty of sellers in Thailand... where it's warm & moist like some bodily crevice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul. I buy film from B&H in NY. Never had a problem, although I have never bought faster than 400. Others do though. Choose UPS or similar for the shipping, and packages from large camera shops like B&H probably don't get X-rayed at all.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too have purchased both film and paper from B&H and Freestyle, including Delta 3200. So far so good. Check on the shipping charges as you add your purchases to the checkout; you can often buy some extra film/paper without pushing up the shipping price. Maybe security on parcels will tighten with the latest scare.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought from Freestyle in the US, Paul. The postage usually works out to a flat rate of around AUD$50 whenever I order, so it's definitely worth stocking up on some other items at the same time, if you can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gamin:

Wait a coupla weeks and look again in ebay. There are two sellers in Australia with very good quality film and excellent prices and both usually stock fuji and Ilford high speed film. I source most of my film from them and never had the slightest problem.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends how much you want to buy, check prices & postage from
    Freestyle
    Japan Exposures
    Cheap_Shots_AU (sydney ebay seller)
    & go with whoever's cheapest for your order.

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin