Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,817   Online: 1021

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Freestyle Photo - Ordering Film from Australia

I just ordered moreorless my year's supply of film from Freestyle (Vanbar doesn't stock Plus-X in 120, and Tri-X in 4x5" is of normal Australian expensiveness there)...

Anyway, I typed in my order on Friday, and it arrived today!!!! That's only FIVE days from California to Melbourne!! They are very good. My only concern is that the Plus-X was all dated October this year - which doesn't bode well for future production (paranoid)

Credit where it's due, hey!

Marc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I am in California myself and I think your order got to you faster than mine did.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Refrigeration is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post

My only concern is that the Plus-X was all dated October this year - which doesn't bode well for future production (paranoid)

Credit where it's due, hey!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc, depending when on Friday you typed your order, it could have been late Thursday afternoon or Friday over there.

I get materials for business from the USA, orders are nearly always sent on Friday around lunch time here, which means they get to work over there on Friday morning and then have the entire day to dispatch my order.

Orders usually get here on either Tuesday or Wednesday, if air freighted. Yes it is a good deal, especially as they also have to go through customs and whatnot.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 01-20-2010 at 02:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional information

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wouldn't worry to much about the expiry date. I have found them to be a bit on the conservative side. Do you keep your film in the freezer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have also found them to be great, got a supply of Gallerie and Emaks, came really quickly and the cost is very reasonable with the Aussie dollar as high as it is.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's all in the Fridge now (I'm restricted to one shelf only!!) - my chief worry isn't so much the longevity of the Plus-X, as much as the fact that that batch is still being sold, which may mean they're not selling much, or are running out old stock - aaargh, I already lost APX100, and don't want to see another fave emulsion go!!!

Oddly though, the stuff I ordered this time last year is a year newer (expiry 2011).

In any case, Freestyle are very efficient indeed, and the Australian dollar makes every US purchase very tolerable.

Marc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've shot quite a fair chunk of 20 year old Plus-X and processed it in reversal - its got legs...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin