Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,854   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: selenium toner

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    ..."suggest you do your toning outside" I noticed that & my darkroom is the bathroom by day. That would surely put an end to that real quick. I do have neighbor thats a pain so I will set up shop close to there side of the fence.
    A sheet of glass on top of the tray does help a lot too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    Tim I bought a bottle of Viradon today. Hopefully you can give me some pointers as doing a Google has not provided much. And the box & leaflet are useless like most AGFA packaging.

Just did a search around APUG seems the more diluted mix is darker & gives more toning than a strong mix. Some of the posts were talking of 1:100 mix. So for a liter 100ml Viradon & 1000ml water or 1ml Viradon & 1000ml water ?

Google is my friend 1:100 is 10ml & 1 litre of water.
    1+100 seems pretty weak. I use Viradon (new) 1+49. Agfa recommends 1+24. Brown Toner has this peculiar effect of apparently toning stronger in weaker solutions.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Tim well I dont know who you were talking too @ Vanbar ? But they do have Selenium toner, I saw it on the shelf.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ha! bastards.... the carlton store didn't have any when i checked a couple of weeks ago and the told me they were no longer stocking it, and I also called the nth melbourne store a week alter and they didn't have any either (same story about them not stocking it)...

well maybe they have read this post and decided to keep stocking it! in any case, Alec bought me some from Freestyle so I'm set for a while!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin