Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,703   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Melbourne: Tall Ship Festival

For those of you in Melbourne: there is a Tall Ship Festival in the harbour of Williamstown ("Seaworks") until Friday. You can see four tall ships including the "Stad Amsterdam." Good opportunity to shoot some pictures. I went there yesterday at 7:00am and 7:00pm (before and after work). It is better to come in the morning because there won't be any other visitors at that time. I expect quite some visitors in the evening for the remaining days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toity and drat!
    Pity the boats are only here until Friday. If it were extended over the weekend, the APUGgers walk-talk-and-gawk could have shuffled down to Willy's Town on Saturday to roleplay Pirates of the Carribean! The Stad Amsterdam was on telly last night and looks mightily impressive, but I'm unsure if it is a replica or an original?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Neither a replica nor an original (= old) tall ship. I think it was built in 2000 using modern material. It certainly is very impressive. I shot three films (120).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ditto. I can't afford to come up to Melbourne twice in a couple of days. But wouldn't it have been nice?
    Mke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin