Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,622   Online: 999

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes Marc, it probably was me! I'm the loud one with reddish/brownish hair and various stages of facial growth.
    And I always wind out selling nice things to nice people with nice cameras? Anywho.

Rodinal/Adonal is the bane of my existence but I know there is some on the water but its all pre-sold. Will be another 4 weeks or so for the next batch.

Stay tuned.

P.S I just made a sign for the Carlton store about the raw chem. Thanks for the idea Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    Hi Lachie, can you give an update on supplies of Rodinal / Adonal?
    I'll second that. (posted before I saw Lachie's response)

How can it be "pre-sold"? How do we get on to the pre-sold list instead of being told to come back in two months? P.S: If quantity is the qualifier, then count me out - I only buy one bottle at a time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It is a long story, to shorten it:

We were getting Rodinal from Supplier A, selling / purchasing no problems. We began to have supply problems with Supplier A which they did not effectively communicate to us. We were of the understanding things were fine. This whole thing carried on for months.

Supplier A has not been in contact with us for some time.

I investigated an alternative supplier and found Supplier B. This supplier is very good and remain in close contact. They were short stocked so we were unable to have our entire order filled. As such we will be shipping the Rodinal out by order date (earliest order gets first delivery).

When our second batch arrives from Supplier B we should be able to complete all existing back orders and have units left for shelf stock.

The staff at all locations have been cautious in taking orders for this product as firm ETA's were unavailable and stock is currently limited. This long lead time and uncertainty leads to unhappy customers. This will change over the next few months.

-LachieC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the quick and clear explanation, Lachie.

It looks like it's still going to be a bit of a lottery for small users like me to come in before the shelf stock is also gone. Now the next question might look a bit simplistic: if there is a pent-up demand for the product, why can't production and supply be ramped up at the source and through the supply chain?

On the positive side, it is encouraging that there appears to be more demand than supply, in the sense that it should mean that the product is not going to be discontinued at any time soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may have found the answer to my "lottery" statement above. I am now following "vanbarimaging" on Twitter, so hopefully they will tweet the arrival of Rodinal/Adonal stocks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes Mr. Legend. I'm our twitter man; and rest assured Adonal / Rodinal will be mentioned. And production has been ramped up at the manufacturer.

-LachieC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LachieC View Post
    Yes Mr. Legend. I'm our twitter man; and rest assured Adonal / Rodinal will be mentioned. And production has been ramped up at the manufacturer.

-LachieC
    Winner x 2!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LachieC View Post
    Yes Kevin! That was me!

I think I'll listen to Youth and Young Manhood a little later today
    Yes, either of the first two albums and you won't go too far wrong.

It's an even smaller world than we realise. My cousin runs a lunch place near your Carlton store, and she tells me she knows a lot of the Vanbar people, and you are one of her best customers.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's not Tiger Lilly is it? You're cousin is Marie?

The Schnitzel Pide's they do there should be illegal, god I love them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Schnitzel pides?? Austrian Turks? Only in Melbourne? They sound awful, and not just because I'm a vego.

I must have another try at Camperdown for Rodinal, Danny just said that it was long gone a few weeks ago.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin