Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,174   Online: 980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo Market

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well my big purchase of the day was a Schneider Tele-Arton 5.6 250 for 4x5.

Seems it was manufactured around 1973 (ish) and looks very clean with only a very small amount of Schneideritis on the rear element paint.

The rear of the Compur 1 shutter looks as though it is missing a back plate, as I don't have any other Compur shutters to compare it too, I'll have to investigate.

Bought it from the couple down from Sydney, the ones with some very nice equipment.

Saw two Nikon F3 bodies go for $200.00 each whilst alongside them the FE2 with $450.00 on it was still there when I left. Seems to be priced out of the market even for Oz.

Also picked up a 100 sheet box of 5x7 Xiamen Brand enlarging paper with what I think is a "Silky" surface, we'll see if it's fogged or useable. $8.00.

Picked up a book, "What the Traveller Saw" by Eric Newbury $8.00. The pictures which appear to cover 50 years of world travel and B&W photography along with some very compelling text, makes me believe that this will not leave my bookshelf until I kark it.

Christine, I hope your malaise isn't too severe, the medicine can be costly

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi guys,

I'm on the organizing committee for the market. Next time there will be more room between tables in the middle of the hall - it was quite a squeeze! Any other comments I can pass on to the committee?

I thought most prices were down - picked up a few things I never thought I'd find (a protor cable release timer - times shutter speeds from 2 to 32 seconds. Then I found the professional version with the cable release built in). Also bought a couple of Mamiya quick release plates (complete - $5 each), and a 105 lens for my C220 - a few scratches, but good shutter - for $25......And I thought $5 for 30 meters of 5 year old Agfapan 400 was fair...

Looking forward to the next one in September - and the one in Adelaide in May....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Andrew K,
    I see that you have just joined, so welcome to APUG. Is it possible to vary the day to Saturday, say every second time? I'd really love to go, but I have another commitment on Sunday mornings. I'm sure there must be others with similar issues.
    Cheers, Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I missed it! I actually didn't realise that it was this (last) weekend, I thought it was in a few weeks time. It would be good to meet everyone as it seems like there are a few people on the forum in Melbourne, there is always next time!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew K, well the refreshments place could be better, especially if people knew it was there with some signage. Great location through the tunnel to the quiet area with tables and chairs to ponder ones purchases. Would be even better if they had hot chocolate.

Yep, the centre aisle was a joke. I was in the first dozen people and walked down the right side first, turned left to walk up the centre and was met with a wall of people. Pushed, shoved and wended my way through once, didn't go back again, probably missed something, but it didn't matter.

I was expecting an executive decision by management to get the two rows in the centre aisle to pull their tables back. It would've been a lot better for their potential sales, many people just didn't go up or down that aisle.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mick - each new market location is a learning curve..it took a while for Camberwell to evolve in layout.......

The next one will have more space in the middle, better signage for the food sales, and I'll see what I can do about hot chocolate...

Cheers
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hot chocolate, hmmmm.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I had a great day, it brought back so many memories of going to swap meets with my Dad when I was a kid. I dragged my begrudging partner along, but managed to keep her happy with a polaroid that looked in pretty good nick. I got a box of Fuji 160s from a rather surly gentleman. Also bought a brand new set of Ilford multigrade filters, shoulder bag and a box of portrait slides from a Melbourne model studio from the 60's from a very friendly fellow, as well as a simple old Meopta enlarger timer.

We had a bit of a chuckle at some of the price variances from stall to stall, it seemed you could draw a paralell between the grumpiness of the stall holder, and their idea of a 'fair' price (and willingness to talk about their wares too). Ended up getting the timer for much less than half of what two other stalls wanted for the same item, no haggling involved.

All in all, it was a great day, thanks Andrew.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin