Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,496   Online: 1127

Shooter
    35mm

Lith developer in Australia?

Hi all. I was thinking about trying lith printing for the first time. I've got some of the Emaks FB paper and some Fomatone RC, which both seem to get recommended as "lithable" papers, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding somewhere in Australia that sells lith developer.

Is there anyone who knows of a good source? Vanbar list Fotospeed LD20 on their site, but when I spoke to them the other day, they said it had been on back-order for some time.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There has been a production issue with LD20, according to Tim Rudman's latest email update:

Fotospeed LD20 Lith developer:
    The good news is that this is now back in production as Fotospeed are now making it in house.
    It is made to the same formula but at a different location so the product was expected to be the same, or at worst very similar. First batches needed some tweaking for strength but subsequent tests are now satisfactory I am told, giving results that are virtually indistinguishable in side-by-side testing. So the product should be out in the next three weeks i.e. by the end of April this year.
    US supplies will lag behind as shipped by sea so expect now around July - a little slippage on the previous estimate

I bought my last lot of LD20 from fotoriesel here in sydney, might be worth giving them a call and seeing if they have any in stock

I think Vanbar have some other lith dev's list on their website not sure if they ever stock them

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    how much do you need? I have a couple of liters at the lab I can supply you with a little bit if you like?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the pointers, guys. Stephen, I've sent you a PM.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Try Les Porter in Newcastle 02 49585840. I brought some a little while ago. He had some extra then.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vanbar has Superlith rebottled as "Rollei Vintage".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Vanbar has Superlith rebottled as "Rollei Vintage".
    Just check which Rollei Vintage it is though. Maco changed the manufacturer recently and the newer version seems to give lith effect but with less colour.

BTW, LD20 should be coming your way in the next couple of weeks - but by sea, so maybe July
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    Just check which Rollei Vintage it is though. Maco changed the manufacturer recently and the newer version seems to give lith effect but with less colour.

BTW, LD20 should be coming your way in the next couple of weeks - but by sea, so maybe July
    Tim
    How would I tell, being new user and Vanbar being next to useless in that department.
    Paper work that came with it says Rollei Vintage LP-Superlith #RSL12

Shane

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sgpix View Post
    Hi all. I was thinking about trying lith printing for the first time. I've got some of the Emaks FB paper and some Fomatone RC, which both seem to get recommended as "lithable" papers, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding somewhere in Australia that sells lith developer.

Is there anyone who knows of a good source? Vanbar list Fotospeed LD20 on their site, but when I spoke to them the other day, they said it had been on back-order for some time.

Thanks!
    I have a formula and the makings if you would like to mix up a batch.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    How would I tell, being new user and Vanbar being next to useless in that department.
    Paper work that came with it says Rollei Vintage LP-Superlith #RSL12

Shane
    That's the better one. the new one should carry a label 'new formula' or similar.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin