Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,546   Online: 851

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    well...it all depends on how well the Koni Omega is working....

Perfectly - yes - then it was me :-)

And the Tamron Duo lens was probably mine too - I bought 2 of them at the same time, so 1 had to go.....

As for the suggestion about a local freestyle it's a good idea - except for the fact that I doubt prices would be that much cheaper than they are currently.

I've worked in the trade for nearly 30 years, and the prices charged in stores are not excessive based on the prices you are charged by a distributor....you need to remember that the prices people pay in the US are based on several factors - local manufacture, cost of import into the US, and population denisty (there are so many more customers in North America).

Factor in the higher cost of freight to Australia, exchange rate variations, import duties (which individuals usually don't have to pay when importing from a US source such as B&H), GST (ditto), and the prices charged locally are generally fair....

If you are looking for "affordable" local supply talk to Chris at Blanco Negro in Sydney - I've bought his chemistry, and it's really good quality at a bargain price. From the results I've seen his papers are excellent too...

As for film, once I run out of the last of my Agfapan I'm going to have to buy something .... just don't know what.....

I've used the Lucky 120 B&W film, and except for a slight curl in the film base on drying I can't complain with the results....and at a cost of around $2 a roll from the internet can I really complain?
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    If you are looking for "affordable" local supply talk to Chris at Blanco Negro in Sydney - I've bought his chemistry, and it's really good quality at a bargain price. From the results I've seen his papers are excellent too...

As for film, once I run out of the last of my Agfapan I'm going to have to buy something .... just don't know what.....

I've used the Lucky 120 B&W film, and except for a slight curl in the film base on drying I can't complain with the results....and at a cost of around $2 a roll from the internet can I really complain?
    Is Fujifilm a lower price than Kodak then? Shipping from JP to AUS is not a huge ordeal and done on a frequent basis.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin