Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,907   Online: 1158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Photo Market this Sunday - ADELAIDE

Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Camera Market is on Sunday at the Russian Communicy Hall, 239 The Parade Norwood - doors open 9am.

I've always found it a good market for goodies - not as big as Melbourne, but just as much fun..

Hope to see you there (but not before I've found all the goodies I want )

Andrew
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hope you had a successful trip! I know I got what I wanted (BTW, were you selling? I am just curious to know whether I bought something from you!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes ... a successful trip ... picked up a couple of nice books. Not actually what I was looking for but just good fun to see all that interesting stuff in the one place. How crowded was it?! ... I was there about 10 mins after the opening time and it was shoulder to shoulder all the way around. Looks like trad photography in Adelaide is alive and well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was there at that time as well Greg. I didn't see you though! Yes, it was very crowded and definately a lot more to choose from compared to last year.

I ended up with a box of old mags and a few books as well, probably from the same seller! But the buy for me was the Koni-Omega MF rangefinder.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got there late (around midday) and only picked up a few books. My girlfriend got a nice old double-run 8mm camera though, to go with the 8mm projector I stupidly bought about 5 years ago. It's getting harder and harder to justify buying stuff I don't need because it's pretty...and there were some rather nice cameras. I saw a few daguerreotypes at reasonable prices too, considering how ridiculous the prices can get on eBay.
    As usual, most of the sellers were nice and happy to have a chat, and usually quite knowledgeable about what they're selling. That alone is an unusual thing these days.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Guys

I had a great trip......I couldn't believe how busy it was either - the first couple of hours looked like a Melbourne or Sydney market....

I sold most of what I took - in fact I sold so much that we packed up at 1PM as we had so little left...And yes, I suspect you all may have bought something from me....)but not books! Even I bought a few for my collection - was really suprised at how many good books there were, at very good prices...)

Also bought a couple of nice cameras - which I have no intention of using (try using a 100 year old TICA watch camera - you need to find a cassette first!). I've always wanted one, but until the market hadn't seen one for sale at a price I could afford...

Had a good trip to Victor Harbour after the market too - hope to go back again and explore the area when the weather is better. Shot 3 dozen sheets of 5x4...now I need to find the time to process then and print something for the print exchange!!

Cheers

Andrew
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too was there!

I found a book and some lenses, including a couple of totally manual oddities in M42 mount: a miniature 100mm triplet by Isco, and (as I understand it) the first ever Tamron: a Tamron Duo (another miniature, 4/135mm with a purpose made TC, which extends it to 225mm).

See this link for pics (not mine) on the Tamron;

http://forum.mflenses.com/converto-t...58-t14328.html

Both these lenses are so small and "cute", it's hard to believe they work, but they do!

I haven't had time to try the Tamron yet, but the Isco works just fine:very sharp.

The place was "all go" with stuff flying off the tables and a shoulder-to shoulder crowd: a real seller's market.
    Last edited by Galah; 06-02-2010 at 12:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too was there!

I got a book on close-up photography and some lenses, including an Isco miniature 135mm triplet (which workd just fine and very sharp), and a (first ever made) Tamron Duo (which I haven't had the time to try, as yet).

You can check out the Tamron Duo on the link: (Not my pictures)

http://forum.mflenses.com/converto-t...58-t14328.html

I got there just before opening time and the queue stretched down the road. Inside was shoulder to shoulder: like at the New York Stock Market.

Good fun was had by all.

Edit:

I can't work out what happened:o: at first it seemed like my post was lost, so I sent a second version.

Now, both have been posted:o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Andrew, It appears that it was you I bought my Koni-omega from! I can blame Eric Budworth for pushing me in your direction.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo Market this Sunday - ADELAIDE

Now if someone would just start up a trad film and chemical supplying business in Australia they'd probably be well set for quite a while. For one it's obvious demand has gone up. Second, New Zealand buyers would be buying from you directly. Setup contracts with Clayton, Kodak, Ilford, and whoever else and help kill the exagerated price of supplies "down under." There's no way people will buy from existing places or order overseas if an affordable local alternative is present and supplying.

Basically Freestyle AU.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin