Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,913   Online: 889

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Where to buy Kodak HC110 in Australia

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a friend in Sydney who is having trouble finding the Kodak developer HC110.

Can anyone on APUG offer advice on where to purchase it in Australia?

Thanks From,
    E.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Try Les Porter
    02 49585840 he is in Spears point in Newcastle and will do mail order
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for the reply.

Les Porter is an excellent source of photographic supplies. I have purchased from him in the past. Great friendly service.

Unfortunately I don't think he has any Kodak products at the moment. These are the brands he stocks.

* FOTOSPEED
    * LEGEND
    * AGFA
    * CANON/ILFORD
    * EPSON LIST
    * FUJIFILM
    * ILFORD
    * KENTMERE

Cheers,
    Emulsion.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Emulsion View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Les Porter is an excellent source of photographic supplies. I have purchased from him in the past. Great friendly service.

Unfortunately I don't think he has any Kodak products at the moment. These are the brands he stocks.

* FOTOSPEED
    * LEGEND
    * AGFA
    * CANON/ILFORD
    * EPSON LIST
    * FUJIFILM
    * ILFORD
    * KENTMERE

Cheers,
    Emulsion.
    It's always worth ringing Les Porter and having a chat. He often has stuff that doesn't appear on his web price lists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Six months ago it was reported as being still in stock at Ted's Camera Store in Brisbane but Kodak (Australia) have apparently stopped importing it and so it will eventually become unobtainable. Trying to import small quantities of liquid chemicals is near impossible, so I wouldn't get too excited by the fact it's still available in the USA.
    You could try Madsens in Wollongong, but best to ring them - their website is a disaster at the moment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ^ Definitely not in stock at Ted's in Brisbane now, D76 and T-max Dev is all they have had lately.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had trouble finding HC110 in Australia, too. You might want to consider Ilfotec LC29, which is meant to be similar to HC110, except that it is pre-diluted. I think Vanbar usually has it in stock.

The direct Ilford equivalent is Ilfotec HC, but that seems pretty hard to find in Australia as well.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to buy Kodak HC110 in Australia

Is there some chemical in it that makes it difficult to obtain in Australia now? Can one not just import it themselves directly? I highly recommend just using powdered xtol or d-76 if you can't get it.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM me, I've got a bottle of HC110 that I won't be able to use, glad to see it go to a good home.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for all the helpful replies, it sounds like HC110 is no longer available in OZ!

My friend uses litres of the stuff so unfortunately the odd bottle won't help him much.

I think he will have to switch to another developer. He has been using D-76 lately and having mixed success.

Thanks from,
    Emulsion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin