Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,383   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary, the first edition has sold out, so only old stock, or secondhand.

For the next edition there is a thread on APUG regarding when it's happening (September this year), where it's happening and most importantly, how one can get a copy.

I have signed up for a copy, when it becomes available I would hope and/or expect to see it in my hot little hands before the Summer holidays.

I believe it is 500 + pages which will be read under the shade of the camper awning, it will be a perfect summer holiday, especially when one will have time to pull the camera out and experiment on what I may have just read in the book.

I bought my copy of the book from a dealer in Glasgow, possibly the best general book of photography I have read since reading Ansel Adams trilogy of books. In quite a few aspects, better than Ansel's books.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I thought Way Beyond Monochrome could be ordered direct from Amazon.com?
    Many people in Australia do order stuff from them.
    It'll no doubt be available from a number of online resellers when published (refer Mick's earlier post). But I shouldn't have to resort to using those distribution channels. I should be able to hold the book in my hands first (and confirm quality, content etc) before dropping a not-inconsiderable sum of cash on it.

Moreover, if focal press have an already established infrastructure to import books to Oz, what is the marginal cost of adding another title to an existing range? I would have thought more titles would mean fixed costs could be spread across an even greater volume of sales?

(Having said that this does look like a no-brainer purchase decision for any "real" photographer.)

Cheers

Carey Bird

Shooter
    35mm

Epson Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Did you notice any new consumer (EpsonV750 type) scanners on show?
    They had a V300 and a V700 there and a LOT of huge inkjet printers.
    Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin