Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 758

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

RA4 in Australia???

Howdy,

As you may have seen elsewhere, I started a thread contemplating RA4 colour processing. At this stage, I would like to give it a try, as opposed to jumping into it both feet at the same time!

I did a quick search of the ever easy to navigate Vanbar catalogue and hardly found anything that I would describe as being a "Hobby" quantity of chemicals (They did have the Tetenal kit, but I have not been feeling the love for it here when it comes to Fuji papers, which appears to be the only papers you can get readily and cut…..)

So, are the Australian members who do RA4 at home? Am I able to easily obtain the chemicals and other products in Australia, in quantities that won't cost the earth (& more importantly, won't be thrown away as they have gone off!)?

Any feedback/advice (from Aussie members) welcome.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Hoffy,

I have done a fair bit of RA4 printing, but not a lot recently. I used to use the Agfa kits and bought them from Vanbar. The last time I did any RA4 printing was about a year ago and I used a Tetenal kit from Vanbar. Vanbar's webiste catalogue is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. And the Tetenal kits have pretty good keeping qualities. I think I used Protectan also. Let me know if you need any more information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Kevin,

Do you mind me asking what paper you were using?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't mind at all, hoffy. Last time I printed I was using some Kodak Endura Metallic which I bought in NYC about four years ago. I've also used a fair bit of Fuji Crystal Archive. Any more questions, please ask, or PM.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin